+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How do you work alongside pregnant women while TTC?

So as the title says-how do you work with pregnant women when your TTC? I'm so insanely jealous, angry, annoyed & everything in between! What do you do to nurse your broken heart and still keep it professional? I'm in an open plan office with bumps in full view and baby talk within ear shot and each time my heart breaks a little bit more. I should nearly be 30w now after my loss at 10w...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

BlissfulMama  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Chillies... it's so hard isn't it? I know exactly how you feel, I am a nanny so am absolutely surrounded by children and everywhere I go with them there are pregnant women. I am so envious of them and at the same time so happy for them as I wonder what their TTC story was as so many people struggle but we just don't hear about it. I don't really know what the answer is but just hope their baby making magic rubs off on you!!

xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't have any advice as I struggled at times when ttc but wanted to give you big hugs xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I struggled with this too. We were ttc three years in that time one person had two pregnancies and then another got utd first try. There were 6 of us in the office so I struggled. I found it best to confide in one person so when it got hard I could vent. I finally got pregnant and staff member was trying so I told her first so she knew I understood if she struggled with my news... Hugs coz I know it sucks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to heymegz For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies, I thought it would get easier as the weeks went by and it doesn't and I'm finding it super hard. I feel horrible admitting their happy news breaks my heart-it's just such a sh!tty spot to be in

I have just been talking and controlling the conversation to avoid baby talk but I can't do that anymore. One woman expressed how she wanted to get pregnant and spoke a lot about her abortion whilst I was bleeding and now she's glowing-this is the part that irks me-and I HATE admitting it. I'm just so glum about everything....

Thanks
    Reviews

Struggling here too chillies. I should be finishing up for mat leave next week... Instead I've just returned from work after loosing our baby at 26 weeks.
    Thankfully on our floor I don't think there are any pregnant ladies, but we have 200 employees in the building and just now I'm seeing how many of them are actually pregnant now!!! :-(

11. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin859 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

It's really hard but I just kept myself away from the conversation where possible. DH had a VR and everyone knew we were trying especially my team members. One of the the girls "accidentally" fell pregnant and I even consoled her whilst she was telling me how much she didn't want the baby. She kept it and she was happy by half way but I was insanely jealous. I just kept thinking why her when she didn't want one and here I am trying with no luck.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dream girl For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's really hard, that's for sure. There were a few babies born last year while I was going through IVF and a miscarriage. And I'm not looking forward to them coming back from mat leave & raving about their babies all the time. And I'm stll not pregnant again.
    There are a couple of bumps again now too. Still not me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

It is hard. My SIL announced that she'd accidentally fallen pregnant with number 5 (turned out it was twins), just as we were starting to try. As she got further along and I still wasn't pregnant, I resented her more and more. Going to her baby shower tore my heart out, especially given that AF arrived the same day.

When I got my BFP, I wondered how many people I was telling, were currently trying, and hating me for my news.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Theres no easy solution to this i think. I hope you can hang in there.

I had 3 pregnant colleagues at work last year all due in the same month. I tried to avoid being stuck with more than one of them at a time but sometimes it was impossible. I found it really hard some days but would just pretend all was good until i got home where i would have a cry.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-01-2013)