+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Capsule or convertible seat?

Posted twice! New to app sorry!
    Last edited by Lauzy83; 24-01-2013 at 09:50.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would suggest a capsule as DH and I find it awkward to our daughter in and out of her rear facing seat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went convertible with dd1 on advice from a few friends who said it was a waste of money.

Have got a capsule ready to go for dd2, I was always jealous of the mums who could take their bub's out of the car and click them straight on to a travel system, and even more jealous when I was dealing with a cranky bubs I just woke up, while friends babies were still happliy asleep after getting out of the car

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a convertible for DD but if I have another baby ill get a capsule. She always woke up when I got her out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaliyahsmummy View Post
    I went convertible with dd1 on advice from a few friends who said it was a waste of money.

Have got a capsule ready to go for dd2, I was always jealous of the mums who could take their bub's out of the car and click them straight on to a travel system, and even more jealous when I was dealing with a cranky bubs I just woke up, while friends babies were still happliy asleep after getting out of the car
    I also got talked out of getting a capsule with DD. A lot of friends never had one so yes, their argument that it is not 'necessary' is true - but it would have been a jolly big help! A travel system is top of my list this time around and no-one will be able to talk me out of it - especially as I'll have school runs to deal with too!

You may just use them for 3-4 months, but often those few months feel like the longest days of your life!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a capsule this time and I think it would be great if my baby actually liked the capsule. She just cries on and off so I don't keep her in it for any longer than I have too.

Thanks
    Reviews

We figured a capsule would be good in the middle if winter too, you can just throw a blanket over them and take them inside rather than having to get then out of where they are warm.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Capsule or convertible seat?

Love my capsule and travel system! I was going to go for reversible seat but so glad I saw the capsule on offer and went for that makes life much easier

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I would only recommend getting a capsule if it's part of a travel system. Mine wasn't compatible with my pram, and my experience was that it quickly became too heavy to justify getting it in and out of the car and I just used a baby carrier instead.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Capsule or convertible seat?

I will be getting a convertible carseat as I believe that babies need to get used to being moved when they're asleep. Also, my baby's going to be tall (Dad and all male relatives are 6'+) so won't be in it for long. We're also very tight financially, so can't justify the expense.

Another thing with capsules that I've heard. They're heavy on their own. Also, babies shouldn't be in them for long periods of time. I see women out all day with bub in a capsule on their pram and cringe. It can be bad for their back. Another reason I'm foregoing the capsule and got the bassinet attachment for my pram. Just my 2c worth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub