+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Temping Help!!!!

    Hi Ladies

    Could I please have some assistance interpreting something?

    I've been temping since day 1 of this cycle with a standard digital thermometer until today when I started using a basal thermometer (had to wait on the postman to deliver it).

    This morning I used both just to make sure the temp was the same, but it wasn't even close.

    The BT said 36.29 degrees celcius
    And the standard T said 36.1 degrees celcius.

    As this confused me I tested again 10 mins later and got:
    The BT said 36.21 degrees celcius
    And the standard T said 36.1 degrees celcius still.

    Firstly, how could there be a .19 degrees celcius difference within the 2 thermometers. Should I continue using both all month to maintain the integrity of my chart?

    Secondly, shouldn't the 2nd reading on the BT be higher than the 1st as the 1st is the basal temp?

    So confused! I am also going to try monitoring CM & use OPKs to monitor my status this month so hopefully I won't miss anything...

    Has anyone had anything similar?

  2. #62
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,408
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,049
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Temping Help!!!!

    I'd continue using the digital for this month, only to maintain accuracy, then switch to the basal. BTs are much more precise and able to pick up tiny temp shifts.

    Good luck! X

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,181
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked
    323
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Temping Help!!!!

    I'm not sure the difference between thermometers. But if it were me I'd continue with the original one and swap to the bbt next cycle.

    However what CD are you on? I don't find my temp info much help until I have O'd. So you could well change to BBT for a more accurate reading for O.

    you mentioned you took your temp 10 mins later? I believe it's your testing temp. Ie, taken as soon as you wake after 4-5hrs solid sleep.

  4. #64
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,408
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,049
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Temping Help!!!!

    Also, BBT shifts on my thermometer too. I find it easier to take it once only, and record that temp so I don't get confused by different readings

  5. #65
    strawberry swing's Avatar
    strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    575
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked
    104
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Temping Help!!!!

    I swapped from using a mercury basal thermometer to a digital basal thermometer. I ended up buying mine online because I was struggling to find one in a chemist.

    I found it easier than trying to see my temp after I had just woken up and it took the guess work out of it

    good luck

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,181
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked
    323
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Temping Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Also, BBT shifts on my thermometer too. I find it easier to take it once only, and record that temp so I don't get confused by different readings
    I usually take my temp when I first wake at night, sometimes it's 2-5am, incase I don't go back to solid sleep. If I do go back to sleep I take it again when I wake up for the day and use that to keep the timing consistent. However there is often a big difference in those readings.

    Strawberry you're doing better than me. My foggy eyes sometimes can't make out the digital one! Thankfully I can turn it back on when my eyes adjust and the temp is still there.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you for all your comments ladies!


    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I'd continue using the digital for this month, only to maintain accuracy, then switch to the basal. BTs are much more precise and able to pick up tiny temp shifts.

    Good luck! X
    I will keep using my original thermometer for acuracy but I'm worried about missing the changes seeing it clearly isn't as responsive as the basal thermometer.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissusMac View Post
    I'm not sure the difference between thermometers. But if it were me I'd continue with the original one and swap to the bbt next cycle.

    However what CD are you on? I don't find my temp info much help until I have O'd. So you could well change to BBT for a more accurate reading for O.

    you mentioned you took your temp 10 mins later? I believe it's your testing temp. Ie, taken as soon as you wake after 4-5hrs solid sleep.
    Today is CD7. I took my temp 10 mins later as I was laying awake in bed confused about the difference and wanted to see what would happen 10 mins later. For the sake of my chart I've used the 1st temp not the 2nd temp that I did out of curiousity.

    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Also, BBT shifts on my thermometer too. I find it easier to take it once only, and record that temp so I don't get confused by different readings
    Good idea!

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry swing View Post
    I swapped from using a mercury basal thermometer to a digital basal thermometer. I ended up buying mine online because I was struggling to find one in a chemist.

    I found it easier than trying to see my temp after I had just woken up and it took the guess work out of it

    good luck
    Thank you! I did the temp when I first woke up at 5.30am. I've only been doing it for 7 days so I guess I have a lot to learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissusMac View Post
    I usually take my temp when I first wake at night, sometimes it's 2-5am, incase I don't go back to solid sleep. If I do go back to sleep I take it again when I wake up for the day and use that to keep the timing consistent. However there is often a big difference in those readings.

    Strawberry you're doing better than me. My foggy eyes sometimes can't make out the digital one! Thankfully I can turn it back on when my eyes adjust and the temp is still there.
    That is a great feature of the digital thermometers!

    Thank you for your comments ladies! I just want to make sure I don't miss the boat for this month (so to speak)

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,889
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked
    596
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Temping Help!!!!

    Temping will only tell you that you've O'd after you have, so it doesn't help you predict O. Don't stress too much about temps - it's more the general idea & the thermal shift that you look for.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Temping Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Temping will only tell you that you've O'd after you have, so it doesn't help you predict O. Don't stress too much about temps - it's more the general idea & the thermal shift that you look for.
    Thanks!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,889
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked
    596
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, and guess what Rainbow Road? Big spike this morning. FF confirmed O as Monday, which I already knew.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

    rainbow road  (07-02-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Temping question
    By IndigoJ in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-01-2013, 16:52
  2. Temping ladies
    By Justwant2beamummy in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-07-2012, 12:12
  3. Temping while ttc.
    By Lollie1990 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-03-2012, 01:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!