+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Depo provera question

Hello,
    I had my last depo provera injection in June last year and haven't had a period yet.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows if women who are on depo provera have more eggs later in life, due to the injection stopping the maturing + releasing of an egg?

I've tried googling it, but can't find anything

Thank you in advance
    Mili

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Millibear

I dont know the answer to your question unfortunaltly... but i also was on Depo Provera! I had my first injection on in Feb 2011 and i had my Last injection in Feb 2012 as me and my partner would like to start a family In a few weeks it means depo has been out of my system for 9 months! I know its normal but i still havent had ANY periods return!!!! Ive been to the doctors to ask if i can have my hormone levels checked and theyve turned me away and said we wont test you until its been a whole year! Why?? I dont know! But its now becoming extremely upsetting and frustrating for both me and my partner. I did however think i ovulated for the first time since being of the injection. So i went and purchased a Maybe Baby saliva kit. Have your periods returned?

Thanks Megan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Depo provera question

Unfortunately it can take some people 1-2 years to get their cycles back I had one shot back in July 2010 & finally got my periods back in July 2011 & have now been actively trying for 1.5 years with no luck. Good luck I hope you get them back soon.