+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Good (affordable) wet cat food

I need to switch cat foods. Our female cat (we have 3 2 male and 1 female) is suffering UTI and they are getting more frequent and severe. I need to switch from whiskas ( i know i know) to something better. However, it does need to be some what affordable. 3 cats, 1 dog, 2 kids and 2 adults in our household.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Good (affordable) wet cat food

our cat likes the coles brand casserole range not loaf style never had a problem

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Good (affordable) wet cat food

Any wet food is going to be ok if you want to reduce the incidence of urinary problems. You can even water down their biccies. You just need to encourage them to drink more.

HOWEVER.

If you wanting a solely wet food diet that is nutritionally balanced, I would go with fancy feast. You need to look for the ones with protein greater than 10% and also AAFCO rated. Ditto with any other brand. The lower the sodium (salt), the better.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    We buy the Fussy cat box with the sachets. I'm pretty sure it costs $7 for 12 at Woolies. It seems to be better quality cat food than Whiskas (no jelly meat), & has a more runny consistency than cheaper brands. The biggest bonus is that our cat actually eats it, so that in itself means it must be alright!