+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not coping

Deleted
    Last edited by SAgirl; 24-01-2013 at 12:32.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not coping

It's not ears or teeth? My dd had ear aches at the same age and the symptoms only seemed to show up at bedtime and night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It might be a phase, DS2 is doing this at the moment. We just sit with him in his room until he falls asleep. I thought it might be his molar teeth coming through.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not coping

Deleted
    Last edited by SAgirl; 24-01-2013 at 12:33.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not coping

Deleted
    Last edited by SAgirl; 24-01-2013 at 12:33.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    it's a phase.

His senses are becoming more alert, he's processing more things mentally, his brain is trying to make a million connections all at once. He doesn't want the day to end- so he fights it, then he wakes up during the night and is alone, and fights it.

I have 5 little boys, they've all gone through this, I have never ever ever used phenergen or CIO techniques on them. Be patient. It will not last forever. I just set myself up a nice little comfy spot for those nights with them and napped on the floor. Or just brought them in with us. That solved all our sleep problems They woke at night and just came into our room and hopped into bed. We all slept

Your doctor sounds like an uneducated fool who has no idea about paediatric. development. Not forgetting that your should not use phenergen on a child under two as it can cause a child to sleep to heavily to wake if their breathing becomes obstructed.

Hang in there!

Why can't you sit with him? Is there something else you need to be doing at that time? It won't be forever- just for now. Perhaps change your bedtime pattern to extend the time you spend with him as he goes to sleep. Find some music (I like Putamayo World Lullabies or Putamayo Acoustic Dreams) to play while he settles, set yourself up near him.. and have a nap Seeing you sleep will encourage him to sleep, and your heavy breathing will sooth him. Plus- you'll feel recharged too

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not coping

Deleted
    Last edited by SAgirl; 24-01-2013 at 12:34.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not coping

I can't offer much more advice then the others.
    However you are not alone! My son who is basically the same age has relapsed aswell with sleep.
    He use to be fine but now he will do exactly what you've said and also not sleep until late, despite all my efforts to make him.

I'm hanging out for it to pass. Does he still nap much? I find cutting the afternoon nap is helping him become more tired by bedtime here, so putting up a little less fight

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not coping

I have to stay in with DD until she falls asleep. It can take hours. If she wakes through the night it's the same deal. She will sometimes sleep with us but then buggar around and end up wanting to go back into her room I'm just hoping its a phase.

She's been like this for 6 months now! I'm used to the lack of sleep

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If your DH doesn't want to co-sleep.... then why not suggest he sits with him?

And if you are okay with co-sleeping, then just set up a mattress in bubs room, and co-sleep with him in there.

Trust me- co-sleeping does NOT do any harm. Like I said, I have 5 kids... and the only one who comes into our bed at night these days is the 2yr old.. the other (7, 7, 5, 4) are more than happy (and prefer!) to stay in the space of their own beds.

You need sleep. You need to do what YOU need to get sleep. Obviously sitting for 2 hours is not helping. I can't understand why your DH would prefer to see you tired and exhausted and unable to enjoy life to the fullest feeling rested and vibrant, than to have his son in your bed...