+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many years apart is too much?

Hi What is the maximum age gap do you think should be between child 1 and child 2? Basically I have a dd who was 4 in December, I am not sure if I'll ever be ready to have #2 as I suffered sever post natal at the beginning. I honestly don't mind having an only child, but dd is always asking for a baby.. And I always saw myself having more than one child. I don't want to be in a rush, but it feels like the gap between dd and possible #2 is getting too large. I'd love to hear what age gaps are out there, cause the parents I know all have kids with no more than 2.5 - 3 years between kids. Looking forward to your responses.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

There are 4 years between my boys. Less than a year between my brother and sister, then 7.5-8.5 years between them and I.

I don't think you can ever have too much of a gap.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

semrau  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Between myself and my siblings is 10, 8 and 5 years. Between my two there is 7 years (not entirely by choice). I am extremely close to my eldest sibling.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Notably Nutty For This Useful Post:

semrau  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: How many years apart is too much?

There's 6 and a half between my sister and I, and about the same between my brother and. My sister is almost 13 years older than my brother. One of my friends just found out she is pregnant and there will be just over 6 years between this one and her daughter. Don't rush till you're ready. There's going to be 3.5 between my step daughter and this baby. We never planned it that way. It just happened

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

semrau  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

There is 5 years between DSD & DD, I LOVE the gap! DD gets one on one when DSD is at school and DSD loves being a big sister and she interacts really well with her, there is no jealousy as DSD is old enough to understand things better

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleIsleSMum For This Useful Post:

semrau  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have 13 years between my first and my 5th

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

semrau  (23-01-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS will be turning 9 two months after this baby is due.
    Personally, the large age gap is a comfort to me. DS is independent enough to do mostly everything for himself and can entertain himself without needing my constant attention. I know I will be able to do the shopping with both kids and not worry about them running off in different directions or having simultanious meltdowns...because DS is grown up. He can help when he wants to and can understand adult things and needs (like alone time, Im not feeling good, Im cranky right now leave me alone for 5mins) well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

semrau  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    14 years between my first & second & it's great. We might have a 2 year gap next time.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jenga For This Useful Post:

semrau  (23-01-2013),~Marigold~  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 8 and 10 year gaps with my siblings (my actual children are 15months apart)
    I was close with my sibling who's 8 years apart, but we never 'played' as children and they all moved out way way before I was old enough. I think our relationships developed as adults, as a child I can't say it's the same relationshop my children have. But your siblings are your just that no matter the age gap, they'll always be around so I think any age gap is fine.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

semrau  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I will be having a seven year age gap and at the moment I'm happy with it. DS had a lot of things going on and it has enabled me to get him to a good place before throwing another baby in the mix.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to flyawayfree For This Useful Post:

semrau  (23-01-2013)