Closed Thread
Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yeah they do give you local anaesthetic injections always before they put them in. I think I'd prefer the pain there to elsewhere lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

The pain we go through as females men have it made

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by may85 View Post
    Hi everyone

DF and I are looking at TTC in April (DD turns 3 on the 14th)

Would love to chat and get some advice.

Looking forward to chatting
    Welcome & congrats on starting the TTC journey! Happy to have you

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by futuremama View Post
    That's probably going to be the plan! we are hoping to swing for a boy but the more I read up the less likely it seems...now I'm thinking, not prevent while away and then try seriously when we get back if not utd.

I had a good laugh when reading a couple of you have been telling everyone you know about when you will be ttc, I'm the same - I was always sure that when it is my turn I would be super secretive and surprise everyone, but in reality I'm just so excited and desperate to start that I've told all our closest friends...nobody will be at all surprised when we finally announce a pregnancy! But I figure, at least then if we have difficulty, I would rather the closest friends and family know what's going on so they can help us through if needed.
    Haha I'm the same! I think all the girls at work is probably going to ask me weekly if I'm pregnant yet. I can't wait until the day I can say yes!!!

My younger sister is such a sweetheart, today she told me if I couldn't get pregnant due to my eggs running out or being bad, she'd be happy to donate some of hers. She's a sweetie

She has the most beautiful 4 1/2 month old baby who is the love of my life at the moment!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    Hi lilac I'm also very scared of needles so bad the last time I hyperventilated and fainted I seen somewhere that you can take Valium the night before child birth don't know how true it is
    I'm not sure how effective valium would be taken the night before, It might just help you have a great sleep that night. I take 10mg (lots) when I want to have a great sleep, but by the morning its all gone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    Hi wobbler yes I've seen that pregnancy show "I didn't know I was pregnant" I just dont get how they didnt know the body changes heaps but would be so scary going to the bathroom and coming out with a baby
    OMG I love that show! But I've had to cut back my viewing of it as I was watching far too much of it! Its crazy how some women didn't even put on any weight & kept their flat bellys! And how healthy the babies are after no prenatal care!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    LIlac, i find it hard to mention to one of my besties, I'm sure she knows will be trying soon she is a teacher but has no desire to be around babies at all every and never wants any of her own brood so don't know how that will go down when eventuates hopefully she wont run for the hills completely lol. My mum and other friends knew it would happen as soon as I was married, I always wanted to married and pregnant by 25 never happened had to wait till was 27 till I met my soulmate.

Stacey if you really hate needles there is a numbing cream you can get from the pharmacy called Emla, it has a local anaesthetic in it. I think it can be a little costly - (much cheaper when you work in a hospital hehe and can find little leftover bits). We use it on kids all the time and other grown up adults who hate needles it just goes on half hr before you have anything done. I have a 30 yr old friend who puts it on every time she has a needle or blood test, she has such a phobia of them her mum has gone with her before, I'm so glad she will never need an epidural. Good luck with the tests though all comes back normal.
    I've heard Emla is good for waxing too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LowAMHonly25yo View Post
    My younger sister is such a sweetheart, today she told me if I couldn't get pregnant due to my eggs running out or being bad, she'd be happy to donate some of hers. She's a sweetie

She has the most beautiful 4 1/2 month old baby who is the love of my life at the moment!
    Your niece is adorable, obvious to see why you are smitten!

Your sister sounds like a real sweetheart!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    I'm a nurse and have seen epidurals put in and they scare me they are massive I don't like the effort that goes into putting them in to get pain relief but I will be having my pain relief lol hopefully just be in to much pain elsewhere to even care about that one. Atleast you can't watch something going into your back so it takes some of that anxiety away if you can't see it.

Maybe listening to some hypnotherapy and calming sessions might help
    The needles has to be worth the pain you wont feel though right?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi lowam how do you reply to messages I write I've got bub hub on my phone and don't know how to reply to single post or is it just the view on my phone