Closed Thread
Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac07 View Post
    Hi there, long time reader of BH but never had anywhere to post as in the pre TTC stage. So excited to find this thread!!! DH and I are going to start trying this year, but probably closer to the middle of the year. I've stopped the pill already though to give my body a chance to sort itself out. We both decided if I was to fall pregnant a bit before planned then that's ok !! Got a Dr appt in a week to sort out vaccinations and see what else I should be doing. It's an exciting but slightly terrifying time looking forward to getting to know everyone!!!
    Hi Lilac, welcome! It sure is exciting Good plan going to the doc. I am in the middle of doing all of that too. Going off BC is so exciting!! Is your appointment next week? You'll probably have to be stabbed with a few needles Make sure you let us know how you go!

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Welcome Lilac, it is hard to find somewhere to fit in when you know you are planning TTC but not just yet. Hadn't even thought about vaccinations good to remind me, since I'm up to date as a nurse but something my Fiance will need in the future. My GP knows that this is the plan coming up soon but didn't want to check anything out. I did have cervial Ca about 4-5 yrs ago so have my pap smears about every yr now was 3 months for a while. Having another in March so that we know everything is good as the one in December came back inconclusive again grr so might just remind the nurse to get the GP to write me out a form for pathology as well, If anythings a miss might just have to delay the April starting but thinking the only thing amiss might be anaemia since I don't eat as much Iron rich food as I should and just get it from vitamins.

I just hope we are clockwork like my parents, every time my parent's made a decision to get pregnant they were in that month with all 3 of us and the baby they lost as well. My mum was 25,27 and 31 when she was pregnant though with all of us and had never used the pill till after my older sister was born or had implants which I've used for 4 years. So many people on here with positive responses so keeping from making negative comments to myself.

And Positive thoughts for everyone TTC later in the year
    I am the same with anaemia wobbler! I think that'll be my main issue, damn iron Definitely think positive! Inconclusive is annoying but I am sure it's nothing to worry about. Let us know how you go in March. It's good to think positive And I second Low's comments, all the books say you'll likely have similar pregnancies to your mother so sounds like you're onto a winner

Quote Originally Posted by futuremama View Post
    Hey girls! I'd like to join too hubby and I are planning to start march/April after a big overseas holiday. Or during hehe!
    I've been off the pill since November since that's when my script ran out, and I went to my GP last week for a prenatal check, had pap smear, lots of bloods, and referral for an ultrasound of my thyroid.

Haven't read all the posts yet but will soon to reply properly, nice to meet you all!

Welcome futuremama! Nice to have you Where are you going on your holiday? A big overseas holiday sounds divine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

DF and I are looking at TTC in April (DD turns 3 on the 14th)

Would love to chat and get some advice.

Looking forward to chatting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello May85, well another one for April

Trying not to tell everyone just the close friends, haven't told my soon to be in laws yet my mil would be more excited then my my mum and probably phone daily to ask if we were lol. We lived overseas for a year and when we came back home we were at DF parent's friends house and his mum just blurted out she'll never be a grandmother her boys will never give her any grand babies as we weren't pregnant yet, we had been together just shy of 2 yrs although we had moved overseas together. Lol I didn't know what to say back told my mum and DF when we left and he had words with her and she apologised I didn't want him getting nasty with her but it wasn't her business. We weren't yet engaged but he was working to save up the cash for the ring so decided no babies till after a wedding. So will be hiding it from them for a while slightly hard since both his parents are drinking wine every dinner we go to and want you to drink multiple glasses every time. Always good on a work night lol.

Does anyone else have pay tv if son have you every seen I didn't know I was pregnant? I laugh everytime I see it and wonder how some of them could not know. I also feel that I would be so cheated not getting to be excited finding out I was, having time to prepare a nursery and having fun shopping etc for baby things.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

Hi wobbler yes I've seen that pregnancy show "I didn't know I was pregnant" I just dont get how they didnt know the body changes heaps but would be so scary going to the bathroom and coming out with a baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcomes And welcome to everyone else
    Elswyth, yeah appointment is next week. Totally expecting, but not looking forward to needle jabs. Absolutely hate needles!! I'll definitely let everyone know what the doctor says!! Going to ask her about taking vitamins as well.

I'm quite the opposite to a few of you ladies, I've told my bestie about our TTC plans but no one else. I'd rather keep it to just us so there is no pressure and no prying questions lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi lilac I'm also very scared of needles so bad the last time I hyperventilated and fainted I seen somewhere that you can take Valium the night before child birth don't know how true it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    LIlac, i find it hard to mention to one of my besties, I'm sure she knows will be trying soon she is a teacher but has no desire to be around babies at all every and never wants any of her own brood so don't know how that will go down when eventuates hopefully she wont run for the hills completely lol. My mum and other friends knew it would happen as soon as I was married, I always wanted to married and pregnant by 25 never happened had to wait till was 27 till I met my soulmate.

Stacey if you really hate needles there is a numbing cream you can get from the pharmacy called Emla, it has a local anaesthetic in it. I think it can be a little costly - (much cheaper when you work in a hospital hehe and can find little leftover bits). We use it on kids all the time and other grown up adults who hate needles it just goes on half hr before you have anything done. I have a 30 yr old friend who puts it on every time she has a needle or blood test, she has such a phobia of them her mum has gone with her before, I'm so glad she will never need an epidural. Good luck with the tests though all comes back normal.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi wobbler I've tried that cream but I think I just have a fear of the thought and not the needle I build it up to much in my head hoping to have that fear sorted out ASAP as I want an epidural for the birth lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a nurse and have seen epidurals put in and they scare me they are massive I don't like the effort that goes into putting them in to get pain relief but I will be having my pain relief lol hopefully just be in to much pain elsewhere to even care about that one. Atleast you can't watch something going into your back so it takes some of that anxiety away if you can't see it.

Maybe listening to some hypnotherapy and calming sessions might help

Thanks
    Reviews

Omg your a nurse and you don't like them ;-( I'm scared now hehehe I heard they can use a local injection to numb the area first and then do the epidural???