Closed Thread
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    With pregnancy tests you have to use them first thing in the morning right? Or is that only some brands?

If it's first thing DH would be in bed asleep so not sure how I'd tell him. Maybe tape the test to outside of the shower so he gets a surprise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Azimuth- with the pregnancy tests I have used it didn't have to be dirt thing in the morning. Just check when you buy one.
    Also, cute idea to put on the shower for him to see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think first morning is optimal because everything is concentrated, whereas in the afternoon your urine is more diluted, however as Sabelle said, just check the test your using.

I have no idea how I'm going to tell DH...part of me thinks I'd just be too excited and run from the bathroom waving the test but then ive also thought of buying a cute little onsie and putting it on our bed with the positive test and a note that says "and then there was 3" or something.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac07 For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    well I went to the doctor again today for my CT and blood results - As expected the CT scan is normal (Yay!) but my immunity to Rubella and Hep B is not present despite being vaccinated for it before - so I copped three vaccinations today - flu shot, hep B shot and a 3 in 1 rubella, mumps and measles! I have to have a blood test again in 4 weeks and hopefully these boosters will trigger my immune system and I will be covered. So kicking myself for not being more forceful with the first doctor I saw at the start of the year who said those tests were unecessary! Anyway all good, will hold off of another month and hopefully it will be all good. Did anyone else's doctor have a different plan re the vaccination scheduling??

My clear blue fertility monitor is telling me that yesterday and today I had 3 bars and was ovulating?? It seemed strange as I was on 2 bars for so long and the CM didn't really show up much (just a little bit - I thought there would be heaps!) but yesterday I was really bloated and felt sore in the abdomen - signs of ovulation?? Doesnt matter anyway as DH is away and missed it so will have to aim for June now as I think if my cycle is the same I will have to skip May due to the possibility of waiting for blood results?

Off on holidays tommorrow night so that will be good, will be able to relax now and shop and eat brie cheese and wine!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you enjoy your holidays lanadel.

Fingers crossed for you that your next tests show your immunity is great
    My levels were ok when I had my tests. I really could have done with a tetanus/whooping cough/diphtheria shot but Doc said not to worry coz if I have a bub they give you one before you leave hospital, but if I had it now we would have to wait 1 month before ttc.

Well AF is due for me (I think) in 5 days. This is my first cycle off the pill. OMG have I been bloated!!!!! I thought bloating was meant to be less when you are off the pill ???? Today I look like I am 4 or 5 months pg! So uncomfortable....is this normal?

Things have been quiet on here lately, how is everyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeh that sounds normal. The first AF off the pill is always the AF from hell for me. Awful. It should settle after that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still on my first cycle off the pill (45 day cycle so far and no signs of AF - but who is counting??) and I haven't felt too bloated but pimples are everywhere - and have now moved onto my face whereas they were restricted to my body until the last few days.

It has been really reassuring to hear from all you lovely ladies who had a long cycle then progressively shorter each month. Thankyou! Hopefully that will be me soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    I'm still on my first cycle off the pill (45 day cycle so far and no signs of AF - but who is counting??) and I haven't felt too bloated but pimples are everywhere - and have now moved onto my face whereas they were restricted to my body until the last few days.

It has been really reassuring to hear from all you lovely ladies who had a long cycle then progressively shorter each month. Thankyou! Hopefully that will be me soon
    My first cycle off the pill (last month) was 72 days. I have my that I fall this month, but if not on a shorter cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks May! and for you this month!

Haha my DH this morning said to me "you've got a lot of pimples, is everything ok" cos I never have pimples! Argh hormones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm the opposite, my first two cycles off the pill were both 30 days and now this is my 3rd cycle and I'm at day 40-something-who-knows-i-stopped-counting. I'm trying not to worry about it and am hoping my body is just sorting itself out and AF comes soon.

That's good to know Fibub that they give you a whopping cough shot in hospital. My Dr was very blasé about it, said I would have had it as a baby so that's fine. Going to try find another Dr for a second opinion. If only my awesome gp hadn't retired

Have a great holiday lanadel!!