Closed Thread
Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Hope no one else is washing away, the weather is atrocious down here, had planned to go to the chemist and replenish all my vitamins that have run out but now the rain is too heavy. Will just have to have my 1 shower now when i go to work
    Such lovely weather here on the Gold Coast! Not! Have a safe shift!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac07 View Post
    Hi there, long time reader of BH but never had anywhere to post as in the pre TTC stage. So excited to find this thread!!! DH and I are going to start trying this year, but probably closer to the middle of the year. I've stopped the pill already though to give my body a chance to sort itself out. We both decided if I was to fall pregnant a bit before planned then that's ok !! Got a Dr appt in a week to sort out vaccinations and see what else I should be doing. It's an exciting but slightly terrifying time looking forward to getting to know everyone!!!
    Welcome! Congratulations on starting the TTC journey! This thread is great as its easier to fit in then other threads, at least thats how I feel!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LowAMHonly25yo For This Useful Post:

Lilac07  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I haven't done any baby shopping for me yet, but I have spent soooooo much money on clothes for my 4mth 2wk old niece who is currently the love of my life! I can't wait to have a bub to be a little cousin for her!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by elswyth View Post
    Thanks Low! I did more last night and today and it's way darker, so that's awesome. I still haven't had one that is actually darker than the control line. How dark were yours, did you take pics?

That's possibly true about maybe it being overnight, because you're detecting the LH hormone surge, not the actual ovulation. I think ovulation happens 24-36 hours after the LH surge, and I think you could maybe miss the surge if you only did once a day.

You aren't nutty to test multiple times a day! I did it twice yesterday and it turned out to be right, because I got a really dark line last night but only had a light line in the morning. It can change fast!
    I did take some pics, I didn't get any as dark as the control line though. I will try testing at 10, 1, 4 & 7 maybe and see what happens this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome Lilac, it is hard to find somewhere to fit in when you know you are planning TTC but not just yet. Hadn't even thought about vaccinations good to remind me, since I'm up to date as a nurse but something my Fiance will need in the future. My GP knows that this is the plan coming up soon but didn't want to check anything out. I did have cervial Ca about 4-5 yrs ago so have my pap smears about every yr now was 3 months for a while. Having another in March so that we know everything is good as the one in December came back inconclusive again grr so might just remind the nurse to get the GP to write me out a form for pathology as well, If anythings a miss might just have to delay the April starting but thinking the only thing amiss might be anaemia since I don't eat as much Iron rich food as I should and just get it from vitamins.

I just hope we are clockwork like my parents, every time my parent's made a decision to get pregnant they were in that month with all 3 of us and the baby they lost as well. My mum was 25,27 and 31 when she was pregnant though with all of us and had never used the pill till after my older sister was born or had implants which I've used for 4 years. So many people on here with positive responses so keeping from making negative comments to myself.

And Positive thoughts for everyone TTC later in the year

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Lilac07  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome Lilac, it is hard to find somewhere to fit in when you know you are planning TTC but not just yet. Hadn't even thought about vaccinations good to remind me, since I'm up to date as a nurse but something my Fiance will need in the future. My GP knows that this is the plan coming up soon but didn't want to check anything out. I did have cervial Ca about 4-5 yrs ago so have my pap smears about every yr now was 3 months for a while. Having another in March so that we know everything is good as the one in December came back inconclusive again grr so might just remind the nurse to get the GP to write me out a form for pathology as well, If anythings a miss might just have to delay the April starting but thinking the only thing amiss might be anaemia since I don't eat as much Iron rich food as I should and just get it from vitamins.

I just hope we are clockwork like my parents, every time my parent's made a decision to get pregnant they were in that month with all 3 of us and the baby they lost as well. My mum was 25,27 and 31 when she was pregnant though with all of us and had never used the pill till after my older sister was born or had implants which I've used for 4 years. So many people on here with positive responses so keeping from making negative comments to myself.

And Positive thoughts for everyone TTC later in the year
    They say you're normally like your mum when it comes to pregnancy. Here's hoping you are an example of this!

FX for great results in March too!

My mum said that all she had to do was think of getting pregnant and she did (lucky her!). I really hope Feb is the month for me!!!!!

Oh my I am impatient!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LowAMHonly25yo For This Useful Post:

wobblermummy  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey girls! I'd like to join too hubby and I are planning to start march/April after a big overseas holiday. Or during hehe!
    I've been off the pill since November since that's when my script ran out, and I went to my GP last week for a prenatal check, had pap smear, lots of bloods, and referral for an ultrasound of my thyroid.

Haven't read all the posts yet but will soon to reply properly, nice to meet you all!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by futuremama View Post
    Hey girls! I'd like to join too hubby and I are planning to start march/April after a big overseas holiday. Or during hehe!
    I've been off the pill since November since that's when my script ran out, and I went to my GP last week for a prenatal check, had pap smear, lots of bloods, and referral for an ultrasound of my thyroid.

Haven't read all the posts yet but will soon to reply properly, nice to meet you all!
    Welcome & good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fingers Crossed Feb is great for baby making.

Hello futuremama well sounds Like Feb-April are some popular months. Never know what will happen on holidays, could come home very happy

Thanks
    Reviews

Fingers Crossed Feb is great for baby making.

Hello futuremama well sounds Like Feb-April are some popular months. Never know what will happen on holidays, could come home very happy

That's probably going to be the plan! we are hoping to swing for a boy but the more I read up the less likely it seems...now I'm thinking, not prevent while away and then try seriously when we get back if not utd.

I had a good laugh when reading a couple of you have been telling everyone you know about when you will be ttc, I'm the same - I was always sure that when it is my turn I would be super secretive and surprise everyone, but in reality I'm just so excited and desperate to start that I've told all our closest friends...nobody will be at all surprised when we finally announce a pregnancy! But I figure, at least then if we have difficulty, I would rather the closest friends and family know what's going on so they can help us through if needed.