Closed Thread
Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanadel View Post
    Hi Ladies
    I have had a horrible headache that has been lingering for about the past week and I finally went to the doctor about it today. I saw a very practical female doctor who thinks that my chronic headaches (have at least 2 whoppers a week for at least the past 12 months ) are due to the pill and that some of them are probably migraines so she advised me to come off the pill straight away.

I told her that was ironic as this was my last pill strip before I was going to stop anyway!! So she ordered me a list of bloods (rubella immune status, variecella IgG, fbc, hep Bs Antibodies and Vit D (apparently im fair skinned!). I have to get a CT scan done of my head also just to rule anything else out so I am getting that done next week and she also advised to get the flu vaccination done also before getting UTD.

So DH and I talked about it over dinner and decided that we will stop the pill now and if we need to will just use other forms of contraception at the important times until we have the loan with the bank sorted out which should be sorted after easter anyway.

So I guess I am feeling a bit happier about everything now and have offically stopped the pill - first time 14 years....wow!!! Just hope these headaches stop happening now!!
    I hope you get relief from the headaches soon. How exciting that you have stopped your pill :-)

We haven't started ttc yet but my pill is finished, and yesterday I went for a big walk and went looking for the first time in a baby store ...Also went and checked out where my closest private hospital is where I would go....have heard heaps of good things about the place. Don't want to jinx myself by buying anything until I know we are preggers for sure, but it is soooo tempting ;-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FiBub76 For This Useful Post:

Lanadel  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lanadel those headaches/migraines sound awful - I've been told that while TTC I can only have panadol which will be a challenge for me!

Yay FiBub for finishing the pill!

Glad we are all surviving the wait to TTC.

My first period after being off the pill for a month is due this weekend. it turns up on time. Next month i'll be doing OPKs to check when I am ovulating. I only got a 7 test pack so when should I start testing? Assuming its 28 day cycle should I be starting to use the OPKs from day 10/11/12? Any tips from more experienced OPK-ers?
    Last edited by Azimuth; 27-03-2013 at 14:45. Reason: Spelling

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

Lanadel  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lanadel hope those headaches go away that doesn't sound like fun at all

Fibub How much fun is it to go into a baby shop, it is also so overwhelming how much stuff is there. Was shopped when was looking at things in Baby bunting and priced a nappy bag to $350 what a ripoff wont be spending anywhere near that.

AzimuthI I wish i could keep myself to panadol atm but the injuries in my knees are so bad that have stayed on my celebrex ant the occasional mersyndol atm. Will be really up the creek when have to give them up the pain will be so much worse as you aren't even allowed to use voltaren or nurofen gel I don't take plain panadol it has never worked I prove the studies and statistics that it is useless on Redheads I have had my daily quota in a 4 hr period with no effect whatsoever so i only use it as a binder with stronger drugs now but will have to give up my celebrex as anti inflammatories can cause the most damage with incereased bleeding and complications. In the past I have checked from day 12 as you are meant to O between cd 12-14 in 28 day cycle but mine have been 27- 37 days and O on cd10 to 21 last cycle. New Clear blue digital monitor has asked to start from cd 6 so it can get an idea of how fast my hormones rise and will monitor each month, hopefully it doesn't need memory for many months lol.

Have gone and paid off the final balance today for my reception and couldn't hold myself back any further from looking at quilting fabric at Spotlight so now have many metres of fabric to make my very Hungry caterpillar baby quilt there will be enough for curtain ties too and prob a nappy stacker, i bought plenty knowing it could do so many more things.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Lanadel  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks azimuth, fibub, wobbler - yep i hope the headaches bugger off for good!!
    We go on holidays to the gold coast in mid april so will be having a sneaky look at shops there and in brisbane, have to have a look to see what shops are there. How daunting is a baby store sometimes!!

Enjoy the build up to the wedding wobbler - its stressful time the last few weeks (well i found mine a bit stressful - DH didnt!!) but at the same time just remember what its all about and you will fine

azimuth if you have a smart phone you can get an app (i have woman's log - I upgraded last night from the free one!) that helps you work out your fertile times and cycle - so you could work from this re your testing dates? I would be inpatient and try from day 10 but thats just me - I have the clear blue monitor too wobbler hoping to use it in april!!

Enjoy your easter weekend ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lanadel - I can't believe the pill can cause those! Now that you mention it I haven't had a single migraine since I came of the pill in January! Wow.. My only head aches have been due to drinking alcoholic drinks. (My body doesn't cope with much alcohol so I don't drink usually.) Congrats for coming of the pill. Your body will thank you for it. I hope my doctor I am seeing soon will run me through all of those tests too.

Azimuth - I usually start using OPK's at CD12 and keep testing until I get a positive. You might need more than seven. Eg. I didn't O until CD17 last month and CD21 this month. I hope they don't keep getting longer. Make sure not to drink anything a few hours before you plan to test. My most accurate results seem to be late in the afternoon. From 5pm - 9pm. I use the pink pad app to help track mine.

Wobbler - Yay for paying off the reception! That must be a relief. Are you more excited or stressed about your big day. They go so quick. I loved mine. I wish I could relive it. Please post pics of your quilt when it is done. The fabric sounds cute! I wish I was handy like that.

AFM - I've just moved into my new home with DH. We love it. So messy though. Our easter weekend will be spent painting and oiling the deck, and buying some furniture. What are you girls up to?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

Lanadel  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    NomieTee - congrats on new house! How exciting is that! Enjoy settling in and doing all your fixing up. Thanks for advice - think I will start OPK testing on CD12 and see how it goes.

Wobbler- try and enjoy the leadup to the wedding, but I also found it a bit stressful in the week before.

I haven't got much planned for this weekend, just hanging out with my family and DH. I hope the Easter bunny brings you all tasty surprises

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, still a little stressful DF is still on my back now that things are going to be stressful on the wedding day for his mum and mums friend cause they are setting up the decorations with my cousins. He harrassed me to let them do it as she'd be upset if I didn't and she is worried about her time on the morning as it is I have to go drop stuff off after my hair appointment and DF has said if you are up there anyway you could have done the stuff wtf I'm getting up about 5 anyway so mine and all bridesmaids have time for our hair to washed and dried in time to get to hair dressers, I think I'm going to be the tired one on the day lol. Really bad to have no aunts and uncles myself and I wouldn't think of asking anyone else, there is a friend who has offered with other things but she is flying down and staying at another motel over night so that would just be mean. If it comes to it I will she knows how stressful weddings are. Also keep being reminded how small my vases are going to be and are so much different then the ones you hire, exactly I don't want to look like everyone elses wedding I want ours to be special and not like theirs. Rant over sorry guys.

Nomie Tee That is so exciting to be in a new house, can't wait till we are at that stage. Can't wait to pick colours after the wedding Will definitely put photos up of the quilt when done, I have so many hungry caterpillar things now I just cant wait to decorate a nursery more then any other room in the house lol.

AFM I am working tonight and tomorrow and gaining some penalty money which will be great, DF is going up to Forster for tonight and tomorrow to go fishing with a mate so will be nice and quiet for sleeping tomorrow will prob see parents on sunday as my mum is going to her work "son's" wedding on saturday which I think is so cute, he and his DF are only 21-22 and mum taught both of them how to do their job as they went there straight after school they are high school sweet hearts and mum is the only work person there, his mum knows their close relationship and thinks it is cute between her son and my mum and isn't jealous about his other mother lol. Then back to work monday for me and only 4 shifts left yay and the real stress can begin lol.

Really hope this month is the month or not too many after as DF has just been offered permanent 12 hr days fri-sun he said it would be good money and good job despite me saying yes if you never want us to have a day off together, its unlikely I'll get off week days I've already requested off melbourne cup and all of xmas lol its maternity leave anyway but if not I've already had 4 weeks now plus 2 then. I know what he is like on a busy work day so will have to hope if dont get PG this cycle then never to O on a weekend as we'll have no hope of PG ever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just looked on the photo of a school friends new daughter she had yesterday. It was a high risk pregnancy in which it was an induced caeasarian and after a small congratulations from one of the other girls from our class who has had 1 caesarian and 3 natural births went on to say how a caesar is the lazy woman's way to give birth that causes problems for both, yes slightly longer to heal from but not always episiotomy scars and tears can be fixed 6 months later they aren't done at the time of birth they can need lots of touch up work sometimes. Went on to say when you have an epidural in you feel nothing my brother was 13 lbs and my poor mum had him au natural as the nasty nurses wouldnt call the anaesthetist when needed and spinal or not he would have been felt. I've assisted in births and watched oh so many she ignored the fact that high risk pregnancies are normally caesar born for many reasons I'm glad her babies didn't endure should dystocia, heart problems, diabetic problems, she didn't develop a fistula or severe tearing to her bits, a broken tail bone or paralysis from her epidural. Have worked with an agency nurse who is still recovering from severe nerve damage from an epidural - very rare however. How do you go about branding a new mum as lazy for doing what her OB suggested, and how is that meant to be any part of a compliment. It has made me so angry. I shattered my tail bone at 18, have hips that can dislocate and with the pain in my knees and apparently increased risk of prem labours because of surgery on my cervix I will go with the safest option for me and baby which is most likely a caesar and yes that will be crap if DH has to go back to work as you aren't allowed to drive for 6 weeks and lift heavy things I'll arrange different friends to come help out like i have with them and do not believe I deserve comments like that if I do consider being deleted as a friend lol. So glad I have decided to not invite that person to the wedding now wouldn't want to hear any other self absorbed comments that have come from no real knowledge.

Ok rant over. and onto happy things, I get married in 2 weeks and have 1 week left at work yay. Hope you have all had a good day,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She needs a slap! That would make my blood boil if I were that mum. She indeed did the best thing for her baby. It doesn't matter how they arrive, so long as they are healthy and well. What a cow!
    Yay for wedding close by! So exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly I was not impressed with seeing the comment so rude and insensitive and unneeded.