Closed Thread
Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Spoke too soon, getting the worst AF cramps out, so as predicted will be during work atleast only really bad first 12 hours now not 4-5 days like used to be. Stupid phone ap now predicts O as wedding day but it's not normally that late probably the week before but in for a chance

Onto being ready

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Newbie 1st post TTC April/May 2013l :-)

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting so hi all!

I'm extremely excited to start TTC in late April/May. I've a medical condition that makes me high-risk but I'm still so excited and praying for a miracle in the first few months - lots of needed!

So for us all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebedayz View Post
    Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting so hi all!

I'm extremely excited to start TTC in late April/May. I've a medical condition that makes me high-risk but I'm still so excited and praying for a miracle in the first few months - lots of needed!

So for us all
    Welcome
    All the best with ttc. Hope it all goes smoothly for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I just took my last pill! Dh says we can't start ttc yet as we have only just "started planning". Not sure what else we can plan.....any tips???
    I have looked into paid parental leave etc, not sure what else I can look into yet. Any tips would be great What other stuff do I need to look into?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to newcomers and Woohoo to last pill, mmm enjure health insurance is all up to date, immunisations are up to date. Went shopping to pick up honeymoon tickets last night very exciting and went in to toysrus with DF and dragged him through all the baby stuff lol, a lil overwhelming for him all he could keep saying was this is going to cost a lot no dur boy lol, wasn't even the expensive brands I like and want that are at Baby bunting, will wait for that shopping trip till in fact PG which I'd love next month but overall would be ecstatic if was in next 3 months even. Keep having random PG dreams all the time about not knowing when baby was due and so not being prepared or having anything, maybe thats from watching i didn't know i was Pg too many times lol and maybe why i have planned ahead with so many clothes and things.

Off to bed after a long night at work and then to hopefully wake up revitalised for the weekend

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Things I have "planned" :
    - maternity leave entitlements and pay (also have read PPL can take 3 months to come in so make sure we have extra $$)
    - return to work options (part time/flexible)
    - parental policies at work (access to leave)
    - dentist appt
    - immunisations
    - blood test for everything
    - I've researched the hospital and visited the ob's office (met with another Dr there to chat about things) as I want to go private
    - make sure we know how much money we need ( I want a year of mortgage payments so that will be a weight off)
    - take vitamins
    - eat more healthy/ exercise a bit
    - daycare costs and availability near me

As you can tell, I am a "planner"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup I have had bloods, and I work at a dentist so thats all done too!
    Will check with doc wk after next about immunisations when i go for smear.
    Work and leave are not an issue. We have had quite a few girls who have had babies and they are really supportive.
    As soon as I get preg I will go to centerlink to start application for paid patental leave etc.
    Yes I will have to start looking into daycares in my area for when i return to work....hopefully not too soon after bub.
    I am pretty sure i know what hospital I want but have NO idea about ob!
    We don't have a mortgage but I am putting away every spare dollar I can.
    I too am a planner (managed to save for, plan and fully pay for our wedding within 6mths with no help )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Fibub - pay for wedding in 6 months is crazy awesome! Nice work!

Over here Ob's get booked up pretty quickly so I want to know who to call when it happens. I googled my preferred hospital and they had a list of Ob's that deliver there, so I just googled them until I found one I liked the sound of.

Its much easier (with respect to choosing) if you go public - don't have to choose anything as you go to your catchment area hospital.

Hope everyone has a great weekend - April is just around the corner and to all those starting TTC then!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

wobblermummy  (23-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We probably had ours saved up to be paid off in 6 months, We have been back working fulltime and saving mad since November 2011 have paid off the wedding, paid a 20% deposit for our land and now have almost enough for 10% deposit for the house to be built on the land will be so much better when not paying rent as well as mortgage which is only going to get worse when the mortgage increases, will afford to be less sneaky and buying baby things lol. Just had a look and have so many things already lol.

3 weeks till wedding today and lets hope the weather stays like this off to buy 2-3 last minute little vases for the tables and 1 more lolly jar and we are all good just waiting on DF vest to make it in.
    Last edited by wobblermummy; 23-03-2013 at 10:29. Reason: poor spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    We probably had ours saved up to be paid off in 6 months, We have been back working fulltime and saving mad since November 2011 have paid off the wedding, paid a 20% deposit for our land and now have almost enough for 10% deposit for the house to be built on the land will be so much better when not paying rent as well as mortgage which is only going to get worse when the mortgage increases, will afford to be less sneaky and buying baby things lol. Just had a look and have so many things already lol.

3 weeks till wedding today and lets hope the weather stays like this off to buy 2-3 sat minute little vases for the tables and 1 more lolly jar and we are all good just waiting on DF vest to make it in.
    Exciting times ahead!
    Enjoy every step, it all goes way too quickly :-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FiBub76 For This Useful Post:

wobblermummy  (23-03-2013)