Closed Thread
Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

Hi giggle berry I also have a girl at my work TTC and wish I wasn't waiting till October but she has kept the TTC on the down low and doesn't like to talk about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

It's hard to wait when there's baby's and baby planning all around you isn't?

Thanks
    Reviews

It's very hard it's even harder when you have no friends TTC and all you want to do is talk about baby stuff

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Staceyj13 For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (25-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by elswyth View Post
    Ooh after I posted I thought I was the only one for a few days with nobody else in here. So excited that you ladies have come to join!

This will be a big one as I reply all at once to catch up

Hi wobbler! I hope April is a good month too You must be super excited about your wedding. I imagine the time will fly because you'll have wedding stuff to sort in the next few months!

Hi LowAMH! Congratulations on your wedding last year Ooh I wonder if you had a happy accident this cycle if you weren't preventing? Two of my friends stopped preventing for one month and fell pregnant. I think they were a bit shocked

DP and I started thinking about TTC late last year but his older sister is getting married in April and we didn't want to have an announcement before that time, thought it might steal their thunder a bit. Then we were a bit worried about having a Christmas baby so we thought April was a good time to start since the baby would be due in January. Of course, you can't bank on these things, but we can try!

I know, April seems far away but it's actually quite close! Eeee exciting

Welcome Sabelle! Ah yes, the old PHI waiting period. I decided I want to go to a birthing centre here in Melbourne and it turns out that it's actually public so at the last minute I decided not to get PHI with OB. The decision still really worries me though, what if I need something? I still have time to take it out now, but it's quite expensive and I'm still undecided.

Have any of you ladies done any research into where you want to have your baby?

Welcome Stacey! Yeah it's a great idea to go to the doc, especially to go early. I went last week (I am 27) to start getting all the things you need like a folate and iron check, a pap smear and you also have to get a whooping cough immunisation and check that all your other vaccines are up to date.

While I was there the doc has discovered that my iron levels were almost 0 and I have to go to get an iron infusion and do more tests to see what's up. It's not great of course, but because I know I am waiting a few months to TTC, it doesn't stress me out because I know there's time to fix it all up. So the earlier you know, the better!
    Hi Els, hoping April is super lucky for you!! I would like to give birth at Pindara Private Hospital on the Gold Coast, my FS (hopefully to turn into my OBGYN) is located there & a friend of mine just had a bub in December with the help of him.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GabberQueeN83 View Post
    *puts hand up!* i will also be triyng in April and have been trying to fit in somewhere so thanks for making this thread
    Welcome Gabber! April will be here before you know it have you been keeping an eye on ovulation & everything so you know when in April is your fertile period? Or are you taking a relaxed approach?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    We're planning to start TTC#2 in June! Seems so far away....😲 trying to use the time to get healthier, fitter and loose weight.
    Congrats giggle! It'll be here in no time! How only is the soon to be older brother or sister?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by elswyth View Post
    Hi Gabber and welcome!! Oh good, no worries, that is exactly how I felt. There is still a lot of pre-TTC chat to be done elsewhere but it's good to have a spot just for us in waiting April looks like a very popular month!!

On an unrelated note, I just did an OPK on a whim, though I was doing them all week and they were negative every day so I gave up. I only stopped BC 2-ish weeks ago so it was a bit much to start testing for ovulation but I did it anyway because I was curious.

I gave up and didn't even bother testing yesterday and of course today I finally had a line. Well I think so anyway.. it looks like a bit of a line on the left, yes?

Attachment 30752

Now I don't know whether it's on the way up or on the way down but oh well! I will do another tomorrow and see if it gets darker, as I think it has to be as dark as the control line to mean anything.

Have you guys been trying anything out like OPKs or monitoring CM or doing temping? How have you found it? I kind of like doing this stuff months in advance because there's no pressure
    Definately a faint line! Hopefully your cycle won't take too long to go back to normal (incl ovulating). Hopefully it has immediately!

I've been doing my OPKs this month & only had faint lines when Ovulation was due so I'm not sure if I ovulated. Someone suggested that perhaps I O'd over night between tests & thats why I didn't get a proper positive.

I am so nutty that I will be testing multiple times a day next fertile period! I don't want to miss my chance as I'm not keen on being 9 months pregnant in QLD summer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LowAMHonly25yo For This Useful Post:

elswyth  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Is anyone taking prenatal vitamins in preparation?

My FS recommended we start straight away in October even though we were months from trying.

I'm on Fabfol plus (much cheaper at Chemist Warehouse!)

DH is on menevit. Apparently sperm is produced 60-70 days before it is released so thats why FS recommended DH take menevit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Been out for the day so no lots of extra replies to read now that am home. Hello to all newcomers to join the thread. I have been using OPK's for last 2 or so months, got a shock when did last night and its only day 5 in the cycle and said that today was O day already when did only about 3 weeks ago so these must be 2 very short cycles next to each other.

I bought Menevit for my Fiance and he was cranky about the whole thing saying I had no proof there was anything wrong with his goods and would never be told otherwise so I had to return it. I thought whats the harm in trying anything to give us the best start, as it is we are only home and in the same bed 2 nights a week if we are lucky both being night shift workers and not being tired.

So for April otherwise there is never enough time to know will be at home at the same time for bd more then twice a month if that. Hate shift work, more especially hate the swapping of shifts his boss does to him almost on purpose knowing we get no time at home together and if we do its after i've been at work 10 hrs and after he has completed 14 hrs and sleep the whole day away before getting up to go to work again. Sadly running away for work now till Friday night only been home since Friday night

Hopefully when there is less stress after the wedding things will sort themselves out and just work like clock work another good reason to know specific days of the month to get ones odds up when you are in your 30's and only just starting out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been taking Elevit now for about 4 months, discussed with the family planning dr when i had my Implanon out when should I start and she said whenever I was ready, only needed to 3 months in advance so I figured 6 months was better.

Does anyone else use the Clear Blue OPK's, I bought mine off Amazon from American site did not realise how overpriced this kind of thing is in Australia compared to America and England. Even bought a stack of the Clear Blue pregnancy tests from the UK off Ebay at about just under half price for when the time is right lol, my mum said I was crazy but I reminded her what things cost and could spent that money on other things.