Closed Thread
Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Cool - I won't bother with the doctor then (unless we have trouble conceiving which touch wood none of us do)!

I am planning to take blackmores pregnancy gold for a month before TTC as that's what my sister did so I assume that's best. Does anyone know what the differences between this and elevit is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed333 View Post
    Cool - I won't bother with the doctor then (unless we have trouble conceiving which touch wood none of us do)!

I am planning to take blackmores pregnancy gold for a month before TTC as that's what my sister did so I assume that's best. Does anyone know what the differences between this and elevit is?
    Don't get me wrong going to the doctor is a good idea just to let them know you are planning for a baby but as I'm young and health and have my Pap test every year she said there was no need to run test I heard that the elevit tablets are heaps smaller and you only have to take one but some of the other brands are really big and you need to take more then one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I asked the ob/gyn and he said there was no need at all for full check up just yet until have problems falling PG. Having said that I have had my pap smear and seeing the dentist next month so my teeth will be clean for wedding lol. Seeing practice nurse this friday for a girly check so can ask her if need anything else done, maybe just my iron levels I am normally a lil anaemic and from what my mum said there isn't enough iron in the elevit tables or the others so 2 of the young girls she works with now have to take extra iron and they only went anaemic after they were PG.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed333 View Post

I actually went to the go yesterday haha. She is getting me to do a blood screen for rubella, and suggested elevit about a month before ttc. I looked up the difference between elevit and blackmores and I think mainly elevit has about 800mg of folic acid while blackmores has 500mg of folic acid- but the national recommendations are 500mg per day anyway.

If blackmores is cheaper than elevit, then I might go with elevit... I'm 26 so I'm hoping it's all ok.

Anyway I'm scared now because DH's job was going to become permanent in August but now some things have happened, not his fault, it might not happen. So frustrating as that's why we were waiting to August.

You don't get to choose your consequences - only your actions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh I mean if it's cheaper I'd go with blackmores...

You don't get to choose your consequences - only your actions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm taking blackmores ones, as elevit was more expensive.
    Couldn't see a massive difference between them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vue, no idea which is cheaper as don't know how much elevit is but it's about $40 for 180 blackmores tablets but you need to take 2 each day. So it's about $40 for 3 months supply. Hope that helps

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Newlywed333 For This Useful Post:

vue  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Or just take a multi vitamin and then buy folic acid separate so your partner can take the folic too. Helps their sperm. I bought black mores I-folic. Then change to elevit or similar after BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vue - that is a shame about your DH job - fingers crossed he becomes permanent.

Elevit is just 1 tablet a day but costs $65 for 100, so around 3 months worth.

DH is on Menevit this month but think he will go back to Centrum as it is cheaper and has similar ingredients. From what I've read, the boys should be on the vitamins for 3 months prior to help improve sperm health.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

vue  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone I have been trying to keep up to date but havent posted in a while.

I am currently CD48 .... and had some blood test on Friday. Went to the Dr today for results are in and there isn't much to say...

Not pregnant (knew that) and my levels for everything are were they should be.

So it basically comes down to my body adjusting to being off the pill.

Dr has given me until June to get my period - if nothing then I got back and get a referral to a FS.

So now its a major waiting game. I could still fall preg so just have to watch for the signs, although I didn't get MS with DD and had a very easy pregnancy so will just have to watch for wait gain LOL.

Not sure what do from here... will talk with DF tonight but maybe I shoud take a break from BH....

How is everyone else?