Closed Thread
Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 722
  1. #401
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked
    56
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed333 View Post
    Hi Tootsiegirl - my husband is the same - he says we're not allowed to buy any baby stuff until I'm pregnant. I know he means well but I'm a planner and I really want to start buying stuff!

    I'm enjoying soft serve ice-cream - I am sooo going to miss it! It's not as though I eat much of it at all but as soon as someone says I can't have something, I want it even more!
    I have so many baby clothes! I got heaps from our nieces (DF nieces but I've been around since they were born so they are mine!) plus I've bought some in pumpkin patch sales and eBay. If my DF told me I couldn't I'd flip, but he'd never tell me what I can and can't do! However if my mother wasn't terminally ill she would freak. I limit it to clothes though. I don't need anything else. No point buying all the gadgets, gizmos and what's it until I'm pregnant. Knowing me ill know exactly what I want but won't buy it until the day before baby is due.

    I want 5 kids so no clothes will go to waste!


    I'm actually a bit scared about food! So many things are on the 'do not fly' list. I'm currently reading What to Expect Before your expecting. It's pretty handy I recommended it. Class got out early! Yay for no tutorial first week back!

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkelle View Post
    I have so many baby clothes! I got heaps from our nieces (DF nieces but I've been around since they were born so they are mine!) plus I've bought some in pumpkin patch sales and eBay. If my DF told me I couldn't I'd flip, but he'd never tell me what I can and can't do! However if my mother wasn't terminally ill she would freak. I limit it to clothes though. I don't need anything else. No point buying all the gadgets, gizmos and what's it until I'm pregnant. Knowing me ill know exactly what I want but won't buy it until the day before baby is due.

    I want 5 kids so no clothes will go to waste!


    I'm actually a bit scared about food! So many things are on the 'do not fly' list. I'm currently reading What to Expect Before your expecting. It's pretty handy I recommended it. Class got out early! Yay for no tutorial first week back!
    Hi darl what types of foods can't we eat I heard about the soft cheese and no raw fish

    Also can you take a photo of the book your reading there is so many what to expect books don't know which one to buy :-)

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Hey Sprinkelle - I think you took what I said the wrong way - my husband doesn't tell me what I can/can't do at all :-) He just feels we shouldn't jinx it by buying stuff before we're actually pregnant, that's all. He would of course not mind if I did - he's just laugh and say I'm crazy clucky. He's keener for babies than I am right now because I think too much about it and I can always find reasons to wait.

    Sorry - just wanted to clear that up so you didn't think my lovely husband was a big meanie 😃

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Oh and there are a whole bunch of things we can't eat apparently! No ham / deli meats, no salad not prepared by you, no uncooked egg (ie no pavlova or sunny side up eggs), no coffee (well limited amount) and a bunch of other stuff. My sister got a pamphlet at the hospital so perhaps if you're keen, go ask for one just in case 😃

    But you get a gorgeous baby at the end of it all - so worth it (I think/hope)!

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    715
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vue View Post
    Hey guys

    I'm 26, DH is 27. :-)
    DH and I decided we would look at getting prepared in August, go off BC and start TTC after that! We just decided tonight out at dinner! This is because in his job he will be permanent in August so after that we know we have that financial security. I've been so looking forward to when he would ok us to lock in a time to start TTC that I couldn't believe it when he said around August, then I felt a bit scared like this is actually real not just a dream in my head haha. He also started talking about cutting back in caffeine which I thought was cute.

    Happy days ;-)
    Hello Vue and welcome Thats great news, always great to have your other half as happy as you to be able to discuss these things and get excited too. The year is going so fast already wont be long till you are there.

    Quote Originally Posted by LowAMHonly25yo View Post
    Hey lovely ladies, I was hoping to be able to give some wonderful news ie a BFP on my 1st cycle, however AF showed up this morning. On to cycle 2 to try again I hope that it happens 1st time for you XX
    Sorry to hear LOW had my fingers crossed for you, will keep them crossed this month and hope its a better one for you. Back to temping and OPKing for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkelle View Post
    I have so many baby clothes! I got heaps from our nieces (DF nieces but I've been around since they were born so they are mine!) plus I've bought some in pumpkin patch sales and eBay. If my DF told me I couldn't I'd flip, but he'd never tell me what I can and can't do! However if my mother wasn't terminally ill she would freak. I limit it to clothes though. I don't need anything else. No point buying all the gadgets, gizmos and what's it until I'm pregnant. Knowing me ill know exactly what I want but won't buy it until the day before baby is due.

    I want 5 kids so no clothes will go to waste!

    I'm actually a bit scared about food! So many things are on the 'do not fly' list. I'm currently reading What to Expect Before your expecting. It's pretty handy I recommended it. Class got out early! Yay for no tutorial first week back!
    Went to the shops to buy only a glass cake stand for the macaroons at my wedding and came home with 3 outfits from target for a bub lol, then priced everything in Target. ON the way home noticed we have a brand new baby shop that has opened up Baby Bunting which is awesome so went in there to have a look and price things, the shop is massive can't wait till can lay-by some things. Still want the Strider plus travel system but yes it is a very heavy pram I will get a work out. Maybe My knee will hopefully get better and I'll persevere to walk 30 mins to coles lol DH can drive when need other things lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed333 View Post
    Hey Sprinkelle - I think you took what I said the wrong way - my husband doesn't tell me what I can/can't do at all :-) He just feels we shouldn't jinx it by buying stuff before we're actually pregnant, that's all. He would of course not mind if I did - he's just laugh and say I'm crazy clucky. He's keener for babies than I am right now because I think too much about it and I can always find reasons to wait.

    Sorry - just wanted to clear that up so you didn't think my lovely husband was a big meanie ������
    My DF would prob think I was nuts if he new how many things I have now acquired for a baby/babies lol.

    Tomorrow I can say we start TTC next month Yay so excited, will also be able to say I marry my prince charming (well sometimes) in a month. This year is going so fast. We have our tender back for our house now so just have to go over with a fine tooth and then send back to builders to get plans drawn take to bank to get next part of the mortgage and put into council I just can't wait to have our own place, furnish it how we want and decorate a nursery just for a new baby straight away,

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

    vue  (01-03-2013)

  7. #406
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Let the temping continue & the OPKing recommence in around 10 days

  8. #407
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked
    56
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed333 View Post
    Hey Sprinkelle - I think you took what I said the wrong way - my husband doesn't tell me what I can/can't do at all :-) He just feels we shouldn't jinx it by buying stuff before we're actually pregnant, that's all. He would of course not mind if I did - he's just laugh and say I'm crazy clucky. He's keener for babies than I am right now because I think too much about it and I can always find reasons to wait.

    Sorry - just wanted to clear that up so you didn't think my lovely husband was a big meanie ������
    Hun, I am really sorry! I PM'd you explaining.

  9. #408
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked
    56
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    My DF would prob think I was nuts if he new how many things I have now acquired for a baby/babies lol.
    I currently have a layby at big w. He totally doesn't know about it! I see it as if he specifically asks me 'do you have a baby clothes layby at BigW?' I would say yes.... but he hasn't. lol. I don't see it as a bad thing. I don't have any family so I won't really be having a baby shower as it will be totally beyond depressing to have a baby shower with just DF family. So I spend a portion of whats my 'spending cash' in our budget on cute baby clothes. I reckon when baby is actually born we will need a lot more than just clothes!

  10. #409
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    715
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkelle View Post
    I currently have a layby at big w. He totally doesn't know about it! I see it as if he specifically asks me 'do you have a baby clothes layby at BigW?' I would say yes.... but he hasn't. lol. I don't see it as a bad thing. I don't have any family so I won't really be having a baby shower as it will be totally beyond depressing to have a baby shower with just DF family. So I spend a portion of whats my 'spending cash' in our budget on cute baby clothes. I reckon when baby is actually born we will need a lot more than just clothes!
    DF will just have to wait for the day we are PG and there will be lay-bys everywhere lol. Since it is just clothes atm I have could be more lol. Sent DF a txt last night to say that I had gone in Baby BUnting and priced things, said I couldn't wait until the time came that we could go shopping there together he didn't write back or say anything this morning. But on the plus side didn't say I was nuts lol since he is excited about having a baby too just hasn't gone out as excited and buying things like me lol. He is just excited about the thought of no more condoms lol.

  11. #410
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LowAMHonly25yo View Post
    Let the temping continue & the OPKing recommence in around 10 days
    Sorry to hear about AF
    Hopefully it will be on track for this month!!

    Have you ladies heard of the website 'mumgo.com.au'
    They have a few cool things on there for sale, all different types of baby things, could be dangerous to sign up before UTD!!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-12-2012, 18:32
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-05-2012, 19:57
  3. Waiting to start easter..
    By MumDadBoyandGirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 11:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and Broadway
Pregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. Pregnancy back and pelvic pain. Also, we treat postnatal and women of all ages. Incontinence, prolapse, sexual and pelvic pain.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!