Closed Thread
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Going to be a very busy year, but positive everything will work out as planned Had enough of buying baby presents for friends its my turn for a change so just watching things and hoping everything is on track hormones wise and AF does not arrive days before wedding or on honeymoon or that would really suck lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabelle View Post
    Not to bad so far- my cycles have changed a bit month on month, so it's been good to track so I know when I O.
    Totally agree, its good to know! Mine have been a bit the same, we'll see how long AF takes this time, hoping for only a 28 day cycle so I'm closer to the Feb fertile zone!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Going to be a very busy year, but positive everything will work out as planned Had enough of buying baby presents for friends its my turn for a change so just watching things and hoping everything is on track hormones wise and AF does not arrive days before wedding or on honeymoon or that would really suck lol
    Fingers crossed for the best possible timing! Hoping you get some great baby presents when the time arrives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh after I posted I thought I was the only one for a few days with nobody else in here. So excited that you ladies have come to join!

This will be a big one as I reply all at once to catch up

HI, we are not going to TTC tlll April either, thats our wedding so decided we may as well wait till then, Have been doing a few tests to check on my my fertile days and hope that they are regular in the months lol. Being almost 31 and wanting 3 a couple of years all apart hoping to getting things right to start off straight away and not have to wait too long for a BFP.
    Hopefully April is a good month
    Hi wobbler! I hope April is a good month too You must be super excited about your wedding. I imagine the time will fly because you'll have wedding stuff to sort in the next few months!

Quote Originally Posted by LowAMHonly25yo View Post
    Hi Els & Wobbler!

I am waiting until Feb to really start TTC, although we didn't exactly prevent anything this month although I don't think I ovulated so its irrelevant.

We just got married 20/12/2012 so I'm so excited & anxious TTC! Congrats on your April wedding Wobbler!!!!

If it doesn't happen for us in Feb, we may postpone TTC until later in the year as I think being heavily pregnant in QLD summer would be hell! Its hard enough without a bun in the oven

What reason are you postponing for Els?
    Hi LowAMH! Congratulations on your wedding last year Ooh I wonder if you had a happy accident this cycle if you weren't preventing? Two of my friends stopped preventing for one month and fell pregnant. I think they were a bit shocked

DP and I started thinking about TTC late last year but his older sister is getting married in April and we didn't want to have an announcement before that time, thought it might steal their thunder a bit. Then we were a bit worried about having a Christmas baby so we thought April was a good time to start since the baby would be due in January. Of course, you can't bank on these things, but we can try!

February is very close now, as is April I know only 11 wks away so there isn't too much time really I guess.
    I know, April seems far away but it's actually quite close! Eeee exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Sabelle View Post
    Hi ladies!

Yup - I'm not planning on TTC until Mar / Apr, too. MY PHI waiting period doesn't end until middle of Feb, so we probably won't start until after.
    Guess we will see how it goes.

Congrats wobblermummy on your upcoming wedding and LowAmHonly on your recent one. So exciting!
    My own wedding feels like ages ago (9 months ago now).
    Welcome Sabelle! Ah yes, the old PHI waiting period. I decided I want to go to a birthing centre here in Melbourne and it turns out that it's actually public so at the last minute I decided not to get PHI with OB. The decision still really worries me though, what if I need something? I still have time to take it out now, but it's quite expensive and I'm still undecided.

Have any of you ladies done any research into where you want to have your baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    Hi lowam I haven't even been to the doc to check I'm all healthy I'm around the same age as you 24 and now think maybe I should get myself checked out I haven't though much about ovulation was just going to stop my pill and keep finger crossed I fell pregnant
    Welcome Stacey! Yeah it's a great idea to go to the doc, especially to go early. I went last week (I am 27) to start getting all the things you need like a folate and iron check, a pap smear and you also have to get a whooping cough immunisation and check that all your other vaccines are up to date.

While I was there the doc has discovered that my iron levels were almost 0 and I have to go to get an iron infusion and do more tests to see what's up. It's not great of course, but because I know I am waiting a few months to TTC, it doesn't stress me out because I know there's time to fix it all up. So the earlier you know, the better!
    Last edited by elswyth; 27-01-2013 at 14:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elswyth View Post
    I'm not trying to make a breakaway thread from everyone as it's lovely mixing in with all the hubbers at various stages of TTC but I just wanted to know if there are perhaps others in here or lurking around because they aren't even starting TTC yet and are just in the preparatory stages? When you can't yet chime in on doing HPTs or how much you BDed during O-week because you haven't even started yet!

I am waiting until April to try so still quite a way to go and I thought perhaps we could help each other pass the time in waiting
    *puts hand up!* i will also be triyng in April and have been trying to fit in somewhere so thanks for making this thread

Thanks
    Reviews

We're planning to start TTC#2 in June! Seems so far away....😲 trying to use the time to get healthier, fitter and loose weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gabber and welcome!! Oh good, no worries, that is exactly how I felt. There is still a lot of pre-TTC chat to be done elsewhere but it's good to have a spot just for us in waiting April looks like a very popular month!!

On an unrelated note, I just did an OPK on a whim, though I was doing them all week and they were negative every day so I gave up. I only stopped BC 2-ish weeks ago so it was a bit much to start testing for ovulation but I did it anyway because I was curious.

I gave up and didn't even bother testing yesterday and of course today I finally had a line. Well I think so anyway.. it looks like a bit of a line on the left, yes?

IMG_2747.jpg

Now I don't know whether it's on the way up or on the way down but oh well! I will do another tomorrow and see if it gets darker, as I think it has to be as dark as the control line to mean anything.

Have you guys been trying anything out like OPKs or monitoring CM or doing temping? How have you found it? I kind of like doing this stuff months in advance because there's no pressure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    We're planning to start TTC#2 in June! Seems so far away... trying to use the time to get healthier, fitter and loose weight.
    Hi giggle berry and welcome! June will be here before you know it That's a good plan for the meantime. I'm also doing the same, using the time to get healthy and fit.. and save money of course!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi elswyth thats good to know about the iron test I had no idea about it feel like I need to learn so much :/

Thanks
    Reviews

Hopefully it will keep us busy and time will pass quickly.

I am feeling extra impatient as two girls at work are currently pregnant.

They keep offering to remind me of all the rubbish bits of pregnancy to help me stay patient! 😄