Closed Thread
Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sprinkelle and wobblermummy - the strider looks really good but aren't you worried about the weight? I went into a baby store and tried picking up the Cameleon (which is only 9.5kg) and I found it really heavy! This is why I want the bee (husband wants the cameleon). I can't imagine trying to lift the strider (which I think is 13.4kg)! Does this worry you two or am I being silly?

And Wobblermummy I totally know what you mean - we just got some beautiful artwork as wedding presents and it was so nice being able to put holes in the walls and move stuff around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed333 View Post
    Hi sprinkelle and wobblermummy - the strider looks really good but aren't you worried about the weight? I went into a baby store and tried picking up the Cameleon (which is only 9.5kg) and I found it really heavy! This is why I want the bee (husband wants the cameleon). I can't imagine trying to lift the strider (which I think is 13.4kg)! Does this worry you two or am I being silly?

And Wobblermummy I totally know what you mean - we just got some beautiful artwork as wedding presents and it was so nice being able to put holes in the walls and move stuff around
    13.4kg doesn't worry me. I know I'll regret that one day when things are just going wrong but in the grand scheme of things if 13.4kg means my baby is in a sturdy pram, thats going to last then so be it. I don't think I'll break putting 13.4kg into and out of the car, i'll just look at as exercise. With saying that though, its all depending on the safety, comfort and look of the compact, agile and plus 4... as well as weight and folding maneuver, brake quality, whats likely to be needing maintainance, replacement, durability. it comes down to a lot with a pram.

I want 5 children so I definitely want this that will last.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I lift heavy things every day, will have to actually go to a closer shop to look at they are not sold in Target or BabysRus and don't know how long mothercare will be around for. Have been looking at some good prices on ebay for second hand in sydney only about 2-3 months old and $300 cheaper then brand new so might be the way we go.

Will possibly be in trouble from DF if he looks at what comes in the mail in next few days lol, bought 2 bulk packs of newborn unisex clothes off ebay that were basically washed unworn new clothes for $23 there is more then 20 items. Can't help myself lol. Looked into why still don't have my OPK's as Amazon wont refund till friday and looked on the internet and the courier they used this time is unlikely to deliver to me, rung sydney customs where they are and the person on customer help said sorry they aren't in my system grrrr I can see they are on your system have sat in customs now for a month. So they will either be delivered and I'll have 60 expensive digital strips or just the 20 I bought on ebay now from the UK cause I can trust the royal mail service lol.

Should be preparing wedding stuff but have brought myself to looking at baby things lol, its so hard not to. Must wash my lolly jars tomorrow though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sprikelle - I totally get what you mean, I want something that will last rather than having to buy a new pram when future kids come along! That's why I really like the Bugaboo as they are really well made and seem to last forever (judging by how many are sold on ebay and gumtree after 4+ years of use).

I am just going to make sure I practice lifting it in and out of the car several times before I buy any pram because I just know that will drive me crazy if it doesn't fit / is too heavy. You ladies are probably stronger than me though

What kind of cars do you ladies have? I only have a little i30 hatchback so need to think about that with pram size too.

I know what you mean Sprinkelle - soooo many things to think about when buying a pram! How will we ever choose?

I had a thought today - it's almost March now - which means only 3 months until DH and I start TTC. I am excited but also nervous! You ladies must be feeling the same with April for Wobbler and May for Sprinkelle! How are you feeling about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

We just lost our second bub this month , i had to have a d&c and i will be 2 weeks post d&c tomorow. We got genetics dont on baby and i will get my results in 8 weeks time. I have to do a big blood test in 4 weeks time to see if my m/c's are hormone related.

we wanted to start trying as soon as i got my blood test results back but we cant start trying again till may becuase we have a wedding on the sea princess in october and i gave them a call to see how far along you could be to travel, They said i had to be 24 weeks or less so with my 36 day long cycles that means we can only start trying in may to be safe!

It feels like so far away but its nearly march so hopefully it goes fast and we will concive quick again and have a healthy baby, becuase right now im at my whits end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sprikelle - I totally get what you mean, I want something that will last rather than having to buy a new pram when future kids come along! That's why I really like the Bugaboo as they are really well made and seem to last forever (judging by how many are sold on ebay and gumtree after 4+ years of use).

I am just going to make sure I practice lifting it in and out of the car several times before I buy any pram because I just know that will drive me crazy if it doesn't fit / is too heavy. You ladies are probably stronger than me though

What kind of cars do you ladies have? I only have a little i30 hatchback so need to think about that with pram size too.

I know what you mean Sprinkelle - soooo many things to think about when buying a pram! How will we ever choose?

I had a thought today - it's almost March now - which means only 3 months until DH and I start TTC. I am excited but also nervous! You ladies must be feeling the same with April for Wobbler and May for Sprinkelle! How are you feeling about it?
    I just upgraded from my 2008 subaru impreza to a 2013 fj cruiser (delivery date in may damn it). so just waiting for my big white baby to arrive!

At the moment I am so excited about TTC in May but its a double edged sword. We have a inspection tomorrow for our rental and I am freaking out. ITs making me think maybe we should sink more $$ into the house to get in quicker to avoid all the bull that comes along with power tripping property mangers. I seriously don't want to hear it even though our house is spotless cause i am a little clean psycho lol

if that wasn't on my mind i would be ecstatic. I turn 25 at the beginning of may and i have an app predicting when ttc will start and well... coutning down!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by glitter girl View Post
    Hi everyone

We just lost our second bub this month , i had to have a d&c and i will be 2 weeks post d&c tomorow. We got genetics dont on baby and i will get my results in 8 weeks time. I have to do a big blood test in 4 weeks time to see if my m/c's are hormone related.

we wanted to start trying as soon as i got my blood test results back but we cant start trying again till may becuase we have a wedding on the sea princess in october and i gave them a call to see how far along you could be to travel, They said i had to be 24 weeks or less so with my 36 day long cycles that means we can only start trying in may to be safe!

It feels like so far away but its nearly march so hopefully it goes fast and we will concive quick again and have a healthy baby, becuase right now im at my whits end!
    I am so sorry. It must be really hard to have the excitement build up ttc and then getting what you want only to have it taken from you. I really hope they work out whats wrong. In the grand scheme of things 2 months isn't long to wait, may help you grieve. You can wait with me. We are starting to ttc in May. thats OUR month!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have a little corolla hatchback, it was actually DF's mums he bought it for her then when we came home she didn't want it anymore and still owed him money so now its mine. I had to sell my mazda 3 to my mum to pay out its loan but I really want another mazda 3 soon DF wants a CX5 but I don't want anything that big since it will be me driving the car 90% of the time. My mazda had so much more room for packing things into the boot.

April is getting so close now its 51 days till my wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by glitter girl View Post
    Hi everyone

HI Glitter Girl, so sorry to hear about your loss, that cannot be easy. I hope the results are good when you get them back and that it isn't too long before you get a but that stays. My mum gave birth to my brother only a couple of months after the baby she was carrying was mc at about 14-15 weeks cause like you they just wanted to have that baby. you get there very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - Sprinkelle that is a BIG car! Do you live in Sydney? I am just wondering how on earth you'll park that in the city hehehe

Wobblermummy - I think the corolla is about the same size as my hyundai - are you worried about fitting the strider in? I saw my sister put her cameleon in her subaru forrester on the weekend (which has a HUGE boot) and it took up a lot of room. Re-thinking the cameleon now - maybe the bee is better for us.....

Glitter Girl - I'm so sorry for your losses but you are young and I assume healthy so hopefully it'll happen again in May and everything will be perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wobblermummy - we purchased a CX5 about 6 months ago and love it. Looks big from the outside but driving it doesnt feel big at all. Great size for prams etc.. Fits into all parking bays etc, ive never had a problem.. Take one for a test drive, i highly reccomend it.

Glitter Girl - im so sorry to hear your news. Fingers crossed the tests results are good and give you some answers..

Pram wise, my sister in law has the baby jogger city select and raves about it. Has two little ones and you can add on a seat for the older one. Think we will look at getting one orselves when the time comes. Sturdy pram which would do for a few kids..