Closed Thread
Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You ladies are super organised! I have not even thought about prams or cots and have no idea what you're talking about but will definitely start looking into things! The only thing I know is I do want a pram that I can take bubs for walks/runs in. Dh is a big review reader so I know he will help a lot in that regards. He's already found the baby monitor he wants lol.
    Have a great Sunday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac07 View Post
    You ladies are super organised! I have not even thought about prams or cots and have no idea what you're talking about but will definitely start looking into things! The only thing I know is I do want a pram that I can take bubs for walks/runs in. Dh is a big review reader so I know he will help a lot in that regards. He's already found the baby monitor he wants lol.
    Have a great Sunday!
    Thats so cute about DH. I had a dream a few weeks ago about DF buying a bright purple pram I hated and would not exchange cause he'd bought it so it was staying. He laughed and said that wont happen cause we will go do that stuff together.

Well what a busy weekend, have done wedding stuff and house stuff so cant wait to get to both, stressful year. AF came today, and the sad realisation that i'm pretty sure it will be there a week after wedding just as going on cruise so no honeymoon as was hoping for, never know it's been a little off. As long as doesn't arrive day before, day of or day after wedding I'll be happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Thats so cute about DH. I had a dream a few weeks ago about DF buying a bright purple pram I hated and would not exchange cause he'd bought it so it was staying. He laughed and said that wont happen cause we will go do that stuff together.

Well what a busy weekend, have done wedding stuff and house stuff so cant wait to get to both, stressful year. AF came today, and the sad realisation that i'm pretty sure it will be there a week after wedding just as going on cruise so no honeymoon as was hoping for, never know it's been a little off. As long as doesn't arrive day before, day of or day after wedding I'll be happy
    This is one of the reason hoping to be pregnant for the day of wedding and announcing. I think having AF on the day of would not only be uncomfortable, but horrible. it comes after the wedding and you still make a honeymoon. We are spending next weekend at our wedding location (Goulburn) so we can get heaps done. Looking forward to it!

I spoke to DF over the weekend about baby items (cot, furniture, items I want) and I sort of asked are we going to look together or does he want me to basically do it myself. I am very 'research, look, pick'. I am not the type to go to 100 different stores for $50 off the price (I feel like my time and effort not to mention petrol costs more) whereas he totally is. Its so annoying, like seeing something in a store, leaving, doing research then ringing other stores to see if they can do a better price and then pretty much going back to the store we started but they no longer have stock. Its so annoying!! Anyway, I kinda want to avoid all of that. His guidelines - Australian Safety Standards lol So I can avoid and more when it arrives.

All the technical stuff, monitors and what not he'll buy. So I think in the end its going to be team work - I buy it, he builds it, he buys it I'll use it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats so cute. I reckon I should get to decide on most things will be me using it most, I will be pushing a cot or putting it in/out of car, making a cot or putting baby in it and dressing baby most.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so interesting learning from all of you how your relationships work. Something as simple as choosing baby products can be sooo different depending on your dynamic. I like to do all the research and go and buy the one I think is best (sort of like you Sprinkelle) but DH will ignore all this and say something like "It looks flimsy/ugly etc" and therefore rule that item out based on that. It can be really frustrating because I'm trying to make a balance opinion and he's just going with his gut. Although as he's going to be a SAHD, I guess it's more important he likes it than I do.

Has anyone fallen in love with the new Bugaboo Buffalo? I think it looks like the ideal pram but I'm a bit worried at 11.8kg it's a tad heavy. What are your thoughts ladies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed333 View Post
    It's so interesting learning from all of you how your relationships work. Something as simple as choosing baby products can be sooo different depending on your dynamic. I like to do all the research and go and buy the one I think is best (sort of like you Sprinkelle) but DH will ignore all this and say something like "It looks flimsy/ugly etc" and therefore rule that item out based on that. It can be really frustrating because I'm trying to make a balance opinion and he's just going with his gut. Although as he's going to be a SAHD, I guess it's more important he likes it than I do.

Has anyone fallen in love with the new Bugaboo Buffalo? I think it looks like the ideal pram but I'm a bit worried at 11.8kg it's a tad heavy. What are your thoughts ladies?
    If I really think about it I'd want to be the couple that go in together and pick a cot together, and skip off into the sunset. Thats just not reality. I know its going to be so exciting for me, that if he says a freaking single thing negative - heck asking me (mother to be) if it meets Aus safety standards will make me snap - and I am not even hormonal yet. I am pretty much going to be 'pants' of the operation mainly because deep down he doesn't care what it looks like and I do. Lets face it they all do the same thing.

Bugaboo Buffalo - I like. Does it have infant carrier/capsule for car? Love the colour and I think the basket looks more versatile. Strider is still my winner tho lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I don't think DF should have the right to make too many decisions on anything besides safety and price. Considering we went and looked at furniture for new house today and has decided on about $10000 worth of new lounges for theatre and loung room and another $3000 or so for new dining table even though we have one and another couple of $ for new bedroom suite that is ours not his or mine. I have said to start with what we have besides the theatre and then buy extra bits.

We went to the new coles that is near our block of land and is so good compared to where we shop now. so depressing just bought some of the most amazing Brie that comes straight from France, will have to love it now cause wont be eating for long lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very funny Sprinkelle - and you're so right - deep down I don't think the men care quite as much as we do (evident by the fact that there aren't as many men on these forums as there are women).

For all bugaboo prams you can buy car seat adapters so you can connect I think either a Peg Perego or Maxi Cosi car seat to the pram. I like this idea as my sister already has the capsule so we'll just borrow that for her and buy our own pram. Which strider are you getting again Sprinkelle?

Wobblermummy - sounds like an amazing house you're building! You must be so excited to have a theatre! What I do with my husband is explain that if he wants kids ASAP, then we have to cut back on some stuff in the mean time. He usually stops bugging me about whatever it is he wants then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed333 View Post
    Which strider are you getting again Sprinkelle?
    I want the strider plus 4. I havent been to a store though. If the compact or agile are better (smaller folding or lighter) but still have the same style and strength I am looking for then I will consider those. Pretty much a strider though. A black one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkelle View Post
    I want the strider plus 4. I havent been to a store though. If the compact or agile are better (smaller folding or lighter) but still have the same style and strength I am looking for then I will consider those. Pretty much a strider though. A black one!
    that is the pram I want. Yes Newlywed I can't wait till this house is built, so over renting now i want to be able to put my things where I want on walls. WE have so many photos from Europe and England we can't put up cause its a rental.