Closed Thread
Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    Question number two has anyone looked into the baby bonus or paid maternity leave does anyone have friends that have one or the other do you know if its based on the fathers job which one do you think you will go for which one do you think is better
    Hey Stacey - looked into this for a friend late last year... Baby Bonus income test is based on 'family income' and Parental Leave Pay is based on the individual. Check out this link for the other pro's/con's of both BB and PLP: http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...een-ppl-and-bb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    welcome Flyladybug to the group sorry to hear of your mc hopefully things settle down and you are again in full swing of TTC very soon. Stacey you end up with more money from the paternity leave pay, fathers now can also access up to 2 weeks paid leave to be with you and cubs

Back to work again tonight only 8 more weeks of night shifts yay.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    welcome Flyladybug to the group sorry to hear of your mc hopefully things settle down and you are again in full swing of TTC very soon. Stacey you end up with more money from the paternity leave pay, fathers now can also access up to 2 weeks paid leave to be with you and cubs

Back to work again tonight only 8 more weeks of night shifts yay.
    Sounds good to me you must hate night shifts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do, I never did them by choice and now just cant come off them as none of the other seniors will do any. Sick of being exhausted in the afternoons on weekends on my few days off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    Question number two has anyone looked into the baby bonus or paid maternity leave does anyone have friends that have one or the other do you know if its based on the fathers job which one do you think you will go for which one do you think is better
    Haven't looked into it but I did just a quick search. I believe we will be entitiled to Family Tax benefit B because as a single income family (DF is breadwinner. I am still at uni and dont work) we are under the $150k a year threshold so we would be entitled to the $5000 baby bonus. As I wouldn't have met the 'work test' for Parental leave I would be going with the baby bonus. I figure the baby bonus will cover all out of pocket expenses after PHI and I think that what you really want.

I think depending on where you are currently working, how much you are getting paid and what they will offer you in terms of maternity leave really is the deciding factor is which to go with. For me its a easy decision - baby bonus. I am going into this knowing that there is no 'mat leave' is any form for me. I mean there will be amazing leave further down the line when I am a full time teacher but I think the second option really is a more personalised approach that could see you with your baby for longer with a little more $$.

I also think DF is entitled to a 2 weeks off and paid. As he can use during the first year. Considering the paperwork, for the minimal $$ I doubt he will bother.
    Last edited by sprinkelle; 11-02-2013 at 12:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...een-ppl-and-bb

This might help. You clearly get more $$ with PPL.

PPL is taxable. BB is not.
    Last edited by sprinkelle; 11-02-2013 at 12:55.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkelle View Post
    http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...een-ppl-and-bb

This might help. You clearly get more $$ with PPL.
    Wow thanks heaps hun that helps heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be going be PPL as together we earn too much. I get 10 weeks maternity leave from work already so have 28 weeks. Wish could take off more time but with the massive house DF wants that is getting massive as is the amount of money for new furniture and appliances cause he wont wait till after we have moved in the house I wont be able to take off too much time I think just have to see how we go with mortgage repayments and everything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stacey! Thank you for bringing the payments to my attention. I have done a little more research and we are close to $10k richer after baby because of it. I honestly never thought about Centrelink. We are entitled to family tax benefit B, Baby bonus and Dad and partner pay.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkelle View Post
    Stacey! Thank you for bringing the payments to my attention. I have done a little more research and we are close to $10k richer after baby because of it. I honestly never thought about Centrelink. We are entitled to family tax benefit B, Baby bonus and Dad and partner pay.
    That ok hun I've been thinking about it for a while didnt know how much we would need to cut back on and how much we would get from the government so much we all need to think about :-)