Closed Thread
Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 722
  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    well the good thing knowing when friends around you are having babies is that you know there are plenty of baby things to be donated in due time lol. Went to my dance lesson today that was fun, thats about it this weekend. Next weekend boys get their suits and we get to taste the wedding food

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked
    56
    Reviews
    0
    Its so hard to keep tight lipped about ttc. I really want to shush my mouth! I haven't told anyone (other than DF lol) and I think my closest girlfriend has a suspicion. I feel like it would be so hard with all the pressure of 'pregnant yet?' Plus that can hardly be romantic!! I think thats why we are trying a few months before you expect those questions because we are married.

    Did the grocery shopping yesterday and they had all these baby clothes reduced to clear, got packets of bonds singlets for $2.40! Today is just filled with some gardening and house cleaning. Its so hot. We have heaps to do but honestly can not be bothered today!

    this is me today

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0
    Just did some quick calculations (I'm way too much of a planner once I start thinking about things - an oldest child thing?!) and DH will be away the week when I could be ovulating in April!! Oh well, still will try but don't think it will be successful - so maybe I'm going to be more on the money in May?

    Are any of you taking Elevit for your pre pregnancy vitamins? I have been taking the blackmores iron+folate since the start of january now, I normally only take a berrocca for extra vitamins. I was going to start taking the full on Elevit in March, should I start sooner though? And I am not sure what to do re antihistamines - I need them daily to get through work, I find Zytec is the only one that works for me - I did read somewhere about switching to a nasal spray but I have tried that in the past and it didnt really help me. Any suggestions? I will ask the doc when I go back too.

    yes wobbler I know that my friend does heaps of research into everything re babies so she will fill me in on all the products and I'm sure will share the love!

    Sprinkelles its so hot here too, it rained last night at 2am for about 5 minutes which has just made today sooo hot and humid! I got up at 7 and did some gardening but it was too hot by the time DH got home from night shift at 8.30 that I stopped!. I have told 2 of my friends (both live interstate) that this is the year of the baby making but they don't know when, that I am trying to keep underwraps!

    Have a good week girls
    Last edited by Lanadel; 10-02-2013 at 13:40.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been on elevit for about 4 months, I was on normal multi vitamins before so just thought why not just swap over early.

    Can't help not looking at the baby stuff when I'm in target lol. bought singlets at best and less yesterday but they didn't have many of the 0000's there so will get more another day, when actually PG and know what it will be can decorate on my sewing machine Although mum,my sis and a few of my closest friends know about ttc in next few months they don't know I have bought clothes yet lol thats my secret, they'd think I was insane otherwise. My sis laughed when i said I'd bought some clear blue digital PG tests online as they were cheaper overseas. I said I'm not waiting to test for 3 weeks when I i want to know at the right time. only got a few so wont use all the time. Thought could do a photo collage from 1-2 wks to 3+ wks and just use normal cheap ones as initial test sticks.

    It has been so hot and humid up here today there is noway I would want to spend any time outside gardening you girls are very good.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0

    Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    I have been on elevit for about 4 months, I was on normal multi vitamins before so just thought why not just swap over early.

    Can't help not looking at the baby stuff when I'm in target lol. bought singlets at best and less yesterday but they didn't have many of the 0000's there so will get more another day, when actually PG and know what it will be can decorate on my sewing machine Although mum,my sis and a few of my closest friends know about ttc in next few months they don't know I have bought clothes yet lol thats my secret, they'd think I was insane otherwise. My sis laughed when i said I'd bought some clear blue digital PG tests online as they were cheaper overseas. I said I'm not waiting to test for 3 weeks when I i want to know at the right time. only got a few so wont use all the time. Thought could do a photo collage from 1-2 wks to 3+ wks and just use normal cheap ones as initial test sticks.

    It has been so hot and humid up here today there is noway I would want to spend any time outside gardening you girls are very good.
    I'm doing the same as you getting all my test online so much cheaper $6 for five when its $8 just for two in the shops

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0

    Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

    Hi girls I have a question for you all how are your boyfriends, husbands and fiancé dealing with the TTC and planning my boyfriend has said he wants to cut back on drinking after his birthday and save all his pay for the baby (we are TTC in oct) he doesn't like that I bring it up all day every day so I've cut back on talking about it so much just wanted to see how all your men are dealing with it

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aww no DF isn't cutting out things to save for the baby but for our house lol, told him when he put on foxtel we didn't need to pay almost $70 a month for tv plus a phone line for the fax machine and internet so is going to get rid of all of them and just use portable modem. I'm fine with that lived on my own like that for 6 years, sadly no more PG shows like my favourites on Discovery health.

    He is excited about the whole thing, but i think he gets annoyed I talk so much about it lol. I bought him some Menevit vitamins to match mine a while ago and boy did I get yelled at cause I don't know there is anything wrong with him. I never implied there was but whats bad with extra help he said he takes vitamins anyway and if nothing has worked in 6 months then he"ll consider help, so by then I'll be 31 and in the getting hard category possibly. Hopefully as fertile as my mum.

    Had to have something else to talk about am in trouble talking about the wedding too as he is nervous about that and doesnt like to be reminded of daily countdown lol

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0

    Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Aww no DF isn't cutting out things to save for the baby but for our house lol, told him when he put on foxtel we didn't need to pay almost $70 a month for tv plus a phone line for the fax machine and internet so is going to get rid of all of them and just use portable modem. I'm fine with that lived on my own like that for 6 years, sadly no more PG shows like my favourites on Discovery health.

    He is excited about the whole thing, but i think he gets annoyed I talk so much about it lol. I bought him some Menevit vitamins to match mine a while ago and boy did I get yelled at cause I don't know there is anything wrong with him. I never implied there was but whats bad with extra help he said he takes vitamins anyway and if nothing has worked in 6 months then he"ll consider help, so by then I'll be 31 and in the getting hard category possibly. Hopefully as fertile as my mum.

    Had to have something else to talk about am in trouble talking about the wedding too as he is nervous about that and doesnt like to be reminded of daily countdown lol
    I have Foxtel too paying $107 a month for it such a rip off but couldn't live without it I was going to by my DB menevit too buy he also flipped out and said the same thing

    I've also stopped talking about baby stuff with him too he keeps freaking out about how much I talk about it I just have to mention BH and he rolls his eyes

    Must be so stressful planning a wedding a honeymoon and a baby your like super women

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yeah dont make the mistake of actually buying it lol, got returned to Priceline the next day. I am trying to talk less about each as I know he is scared of both, in a way both are but I am just so ready to be there.

    A friend got engaged last night she had been with DB for only 4 months but she knew he was the one and she is hoping for a wedding later in October/November. Cause I said last yr when she finally had a boyfriend we would finally have the possibility of kids together. At 30 he was her first ever DB so I'm stoked she found him and is happy. so a PG buddy with me maybe if not this one but another one later on lol

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0

    Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    yeah dont make the mistake of actually buying it lol, got returned to Priceline the next day. I am trying to talk less about each as I know he is scared of both, in a way both are but I am just so ready to be there.

    A friend got engaged last night she had been with DB for only 4 months but she knew he was the one and she is hoping for a wedding later in October/November. Cause I said last yr when she finally had a boyfriend we would finally have the possibility of kids together. At 30 he was her first ever DB so I'm stoked she found him and is happy. so a PG buddy with me maybe if not this one but another one later on lol
    Nawww that's awesome about your friend I found out today the DB sister put pregnancy onto her PHI so I'm really hoping she is planning for a baby in the next year or two but I might be reading into it a bit much I hate not having any friends that are TTC or are even thinking about kids


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-12-2012, 18:32
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-05-2012, 19:57
  3. Waiting to start easter..
    By MumDadBoyandGirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 11:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!