Closed Thread
Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join your thread?!

I am freaking so excited to finally be able to tell someone my TTC plans!!

My fiance and I have been together since I was 18. It will be seven years together 2 days before our wedding in August this year.

I got PHI on Jan 31st and I am waiting until May to start our TTC journey. We are hoping for a wedding 'baby on its way' announcement but feel like even if thats not the case we get 3-4 tries at getting pregnant before the wedding is over and all the 'whens the baby due' starts.

Our plan is to go to New york over the Christmas period for our honeymoon. However, if being pregnant affects that plan SO be it! I am so ready to be a mum its not funny. I have wanted kids and to be married since we started dating so waiting until we have all the things we thought we 'needed' before hand well - I say time is MAY.

I haven't had a chance to read up on everyones journey yet but I will tomorrow! I am SO excited to get to know you all and chitty chat about starting to ttc in a few months (or sooner for some of the ttc feb mums).

Last edited by sprinkelle; 09-02-2013 at 00:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    Yeah sometimes I think I google a bit to much and worried when it comes to October and TTC that ill put to much stress on myself I just want it to flow but reading up on it all is good
    Hi Stacey,

I just wanted to let you know that PHI doesn't cover anything UNTIL you give birth. Therefore as long as your baby is BORN after 26th of October this year (was that the exact date?) you are covered.

I got my PHI on Jan 31st (just gone) and we are ttc in May.

Does this change your plans as you don't have to wait until October you can get pregnant now and have a baby due date NOV 13 - which you will be covered for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    It'll happen when it's right, but I do like to know which cycle my body is in and where its at. Its hard when I have a DF who works away on weekends sometimes, my only days off work or if he is home is too tired for anything other then TV a beer and a sleep lol so need to know when to make the most of it . Although I'm sure when the stress of the wedding is over he will be happy and not stressed again.

Silly male stressed over 2 things only a speech and a dance could care less how anything else goes that I have had to prepare to arrange. Glad I'm not making a speech although I would stress about that less having done speech and drama since i was 8 and dance since i was 6. Am making things relatively easy, picked a short slow song so no high impact for him or to injure me in heels as haven't done dance formally since injured myself.
    My DF is nervous about the speech as well which is probably why we will stand up and deliver our thank you's together. Hopefully we also can announce we are utd!!! That would be the best . We are both crazy nervous about the first dance, but I have been watching a few youtube 'first dances' and well they just sort of clasp each other and bob from side to side on the one spot. I can do THAT! Oh I am wearing thongs in the park we are getting married in (big gown will cover) and then no shoes at the reception (again big gown will cover!). I can not image heels all day! They better be sparkly!
    Last edited by sprinkelle; 09-02-2013 at 02:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanadel View Post
    I didn't have a great experience at the doctors when I went to have a pre TTC check up - unfortunately my GP has left town and I saw another doctor - I normally see female doctors, not sure why I just like them better (more through with their work ups??) and I saw a male doctor. He said as I looked to be in good health (despite not laying a hand on me!) & that I didn't need any blood tests etc - didn't even check my BP (and I am on Diane - I would have thought with the latest news about that its the least you would do!!). He said take folate and stop the pill and if there is no luck in 6 months then come back and we can reassess the need for tests. Mentioned nothing about pap smears, vaccinations etc. I managed to 'bully' him into getting a CBC and toxoplasma titre test - I work in the Vet industry and exposure to zoonosis is higher than normal. I walked out of there feeling $85 poorer and quite angry! There is a doctor at the clinic who's online bio said she has interests womans health so I think I will try again before April and see her.

Wow sorry to vent so soon!!

Night!
    OMG! That sounds so horrible! I would seriously be doing it again! Definitely head to the female doctor (I prefer them as well).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hijack a whole page! I am a little excited I found this thread and spent the last hour reading it all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanadel View Post
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm new to all of this and love the idea of a thread with others on the countdown to TTC! We got married about 18 months ago now so we are at the next step! I started to take blackmores ifolate at the start of January and we will start TTC in April (sounds like its going to be a busy month!!).

I didn't have a great experience at the doctors when I went to have a pre TTC check up - unfortunately my GP has left town and I saw another doctor - I normally see female doctors, not sure why I just like them better (more through with their work ups??) and I saw a male doctor. He said as I looked to be in good health (despite not laying a hand on me!) & that I didn't need any blood tests etc - didn't even check my BP (and I am on Diane - I would have thought with the latest news about that its the least you would do!!). He said take folate and stop the pill and if there is no luck in 6 months then come back and we can reassess the need for tests. Mentioned nothing about pap smears, vaccinations etc. I managed to 'bully' him into getting a CBC and toxoplasma titre test - I work in the Vet industry and exposure to zoonosis is higher than normal. I walked out of there feeling $85 poorer and quite angry! There is a doctor at the clinic who's online bio said she has interests womans health so I think I will try again before April and see her.

Wow sorry to vent so soon!!

Isnt it funny we spend so long trying not to get pregnant and then it could potentially take ages to get pregnant!! We are going to come off the pill (2 more strips to go!) and then once AF has arrived in April its game on! I impulsively bought a clearblue fertility monitor off ebay on new years day and it arrived yesterday - I was a bit excited when I opened it!

Anyway enough about me! I look forward to chatting and going through it all with you ladies!!
    Night!
    Welcome to the group, and yes April is going to be a busy month and hopefully a good month for many of us.

Doesn't sound good about your dr at allI have been speaking with GP for months about our upcoming TTC and so far all that he wanted to do was a Papsmear and HPV tests (I had cervical cancer 4 years - now free) no other pathology tests at all. Takes months to get into see the dr too as you need to know almost 3 months in advance when to see a gp really annoying, might just get the nurse to tell him i want tests for this and that lol.

I considered buying the fertility monitor off Amazon but just ended up with the clearblue OPK's instead and have been trying to keep an idea with that atm. Hoping my next bulk lot come soon they were dispatched from the US about 2 weeks ago lol, everything is so much cheaper over there so ebay and Amazon have been good.Even bought some digital clearblue PG tests off ebay from the UK lol for the right time as they were about $20 for 4 and over here up to 3 times that.

Good luck with everything and we will talk later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkelle View Post
    Can I join your thread?!

I am freaking so excited to finally be able to tell someone my TTC plans!!

My fiance and I have been together since I was 18. It will be seven years together 2 days before our wedding in August this year.

I got PHI on Jan 31st and I am waiting until May to start our TTC journey. We are hoping for a wedding 'baby on its way' announcement but feel like even if thats not the case we get 3-4 tries at getting pregnant before the wedding is over and all the 'whens the baby due' starts.

Our plan is to go to New york over the Christmas period for our honeymoon. However, if being pregnant affects that plan SO be it! I am so ready to be a mum its not funny. I have wanted kids and to be married since we started dating so waiting until we have all the things we thought we 'needed' before hand well - I say time is MAY.

I haven't had a chance to read up on everyones journey yet but I will tomorrow! I am SO excited to get to know you all and chitty chat about starting to ttc in a few months (or sooner for some of the ttc feb mums).

Hello and welcome to the group congrats on your upcoming wedding as well the time will be here before you know it, Can't believe it is 2 months on wednesday for us . New york would be awesome, maybe not as fun heavily PG lol we originally were trying to go to the US to see some friends i worked with over in the UK but hoping to be PG so that might have to wait as may going back to see my dad's cousins in Scotland again as we are getting married, building a house this year and I said i want to be heavily PG by xmas or atleast half way, I want leave at xmas and don't care if its annual or maternity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkelle View Post
    My DF is nervous about the speech as well which is probably why we will stand up and deliver our thank you's together. Hopefully we also can announce we are utd!!! That would be the best . We are both crazy nervous about the first dance, but I have been watching a few youtube 'first dances' and well they just sort of clasp each other and bob from side to side on the one spot. I can do THAT! Oh I am wearing thongs in the park we are getting married in (big gown will cover) and then no shoes at the reception (again big gown will cover!). I can not image heels all day! They better be sparkly!
    Off for our first lesson today have been told can't be anything too over the top, he said the dance is for us not to go on the internet so everyone can see it lol I said we could do the speech together and he said no so he better be able to do something good then. Atleast we have shortened the amount of ppl to 65 from 80. I will wear heels till dance then I have flat sandles hehe DF is only about 2cms taller then me normally so will be shorter with my heels and hair done up. Just can't wait for it to get here. Largely cause I so need my honeymoon and I just really want to TTC, he is even excited talking about it with me now

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

Welcome cee, Lanadelle and sprinkelle! Cee you definitely qualify!! This is for all us waiters I think at the moment April and October are the two most popular months a great plan with your timing — did you fall pregnant easily with #1 and #2?

Lanadel your doctor experience sounds horrendous. He is clearly a douchebag. Where do you live? I would ask around on BubHub if you want to find someone totally different, or yeah definitely go back for your preferred lady. Nothing more infuriating than paying for a lousy doctor visit!!

Sprinkelle congrats on your upcoming wedding! How exciting. We are going to get married after we are pregnant as well and just announce it at the wedding, I think it's a great idea. We also want to get married in a park and I also won't be wearing heels! Love it. Lots in common there

AFM I have had a bit of a full on week, super duper busy at work. I just slept for 12 hours I feel like I am kind of in baby limbo until I get this iron infusion, not that it makes a difference since we're not starting til April, but I just really want to get it done. Counting down to the 19th!

AF was due yesterday so hoping she rocks up today. My fertility app also tells me that our baby window opens on the night of DP's sister's wedding in April! So we'll be gettin down after that. Hahaha.

Happy weekend everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome ladies.

I told DF this morning that when I go to Chemist Warehouse next I am picking up Menevit and Elevit. I think I will wait until we are trying to buy opks and hpts. I think you can get them cheap and in bulk from Oracle fertility and Lullaby Conceptions. My understanding though is that Oracle is better (from other hubbers and threads).

I think I will spend the time between now and May loosing some weight and planning my wedding! I really really want to announce at our wedding!! That would be a even bigger night to remember.

I have so many baby clothes already. I go to kmart and buy the outfits for like $3 that are on clearance (only stuff thats adorable). I know my mother in law is gearing up for me to be pregnant and I am sure I will get baby stuff for my birthday or something like a pumpkin patch voucher!

My mum however won't really be able to join in the fun for her first grandchild as she has dementia and is in a full time nursing home. She doesn't understand anymore.

How many children do you ladies want? I want 5!