Closed Thread
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 722
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    715
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    I just found out that the girl at my work may have got fired because she was planning for a baby I now have to keep my mouth shut at work :-( on the plus side I got my iron tablets today
    Oh no that isn't good. Yes keep it hush hush not you are allowed to do that, guess you;d have a better case of dismissal discrimination if you were already PG.

    Yay for iron tables, a month till I see Dr and will harass for blood tests and checks. So hard to get into our GP's unless you are aged, could go into big bulk billing gp's but that wont help me later cause I don't want to go back to them.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0

    Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Oh no that isn't good. Yes keep it hush hush not you are allowed to do that, guess you;d have a better case of dismissal discrimination if you were already PG.

    Yay for iron tables, a month till I see Dr and will harass for blood tests and checks. So hard to get into our GP's unless you are aged, could go into big bulk billing gp's but that wont help me later cause I don't want to go back to them.
    I'm not looking forward to all the test but I'm planning to get the done in June I think

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    715
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    I'm not looking forward to all the test but I'm planning to get the done in June I think
    I'm not worried about the pain of the tests, Believe when I say just because I give people needles and cause pain, I absolutely hate causing pain to people but would prefer it being me doing it compared to some of the older staff who do things the old way and cause more pain. I have the worst veins so know it will hurt a little. Was never scared about results before but now they are a little more worrying its coming closer to time to actually plan them and ttc for or

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    I just found out that the girl at my work may have got fired because she was planning for a baby I now have to keep my mouth shut at work :-( on the plus side I got my iron tablets today
    Oh no!

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

    Hi Stacey & Wobbler!

    Hope you both had a good day!

    Try not to worry too much about the tests, such a small amount of pain (if any) to learn such important info! I would get them ASAP so you know you're ready to start ttc when planned. Plus then it'll be over without having to anticipate the pain for so long.

    I had an external & internal ultrasound today to make sure there are no problems with my baby making oven. I will find out for sure next week but the sonographer said everything looked fine (but I doubt she'd tell me otherwise). Was uncomfortable but not really painful.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

    Sorry to hear about the girl at your work! Thats horrible!

    My boss asked me today if I was pregnant (guess he overheard me talking about my ultrasound) & I told him no but we're TTC. He looked a little stressed out but he said he expected it to happen soon but not this soon (Only been married for 6 weeks). He has already asked me how much maternity leave I want to take and was counting how long I could possibly continue working for if I got pregnant straight away lol.

    I'm lucky to have a supportive boss!

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    715
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LowAMHonly25yo View Post

    My boss asked me today if I was pregnant (guess he overheard me talking about my ultrasound) & I told him no but we're TTC. He looked a little stressed out but he said he expected it to happen soon but not this soon (Only been married for 6 weeks). He has already asked me how much maternity leave I want to take and was counting how long I could possibly continue working for if I got pregnant straight away lol.
    I'm lucky to have a supportive boss!
    yes lucky to have such a supportive boss.


    Quote Originally Posted by LowAMHonly25yo View Post


    I had an external & internal ultrasound today to make sure there are no problems with my baby making oven. I will find out for sure next week but the sonographer said everything looked fine (but I doubt she'd tell me otherwise). Was uncomfortable but not really painful.
    Good to hear all looks well, yeah they can be a little hard to judge sometimes, but normally if there is something really bad you can see some kind of facial expression. it is all good and normal. Well off to work for me soon

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

    Thanks Wobbler

    She did say that I had around 9 follicles developing, which is exciting!

    Today is day 4 of my cycle, hoping in around 10 days that 1 of those follicles becomes an egg!

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

    Have a good shift Wobbler!

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    715
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LowAMHonly25yo View Post
    Have a good shift Wobbler!
    Thankyou will be trying hard. Didn't want to go anyway and then DF rings to say he is now working on the weekend nights as his boss wants him to. Sent back a nasty msg we are having dance lessons which i'm not cancelling or reschedulling for him bad luck, he is meant to be getting a suit with mates as wouldn't do it months ago when he should have and we are meant to be trying the food for the actual wedding in 9 weeks. Can't believe how selfish his boss is, considering we went to his wedding in 2011, it was a bogan affair though but still so angry
    won't get a response till about 6am when he comes out of a mine so guess I'll be stressed all night at work which isn't good.

    Good to hear about the 9 follicles thats awesome. one turns into an egg and you can start your fun journey.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-12-2012, 18:32
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-05-2012, 19:57
  3. Waiting to start easter..
    By MumDadBoyandGirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 11:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and Broadway
Pregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. Pregnancy back and pelvic pain. Also, we treat postnatal and women of all ages. Incontinence, prolapse, sexual and pelvic pain.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!