Closed Thread
Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    I just wanted to share this as I don't have anyone else to tell but I told my mum that I was going to TTC start of october this year and today she told me that she went out and got baby clothes, bottles, portable cot, and one of those tigger bouncing sling my question is has any of your family been buying things or am I the only one with a crazy mum :-)
    Hahahahaha that is so cute! Bless your Mum, that's really nice My Mum is crazy too but she'd be really annoying and would give me lots of annoying advice, so I'm not going to tell her until I am a couple of months pregnant. Bless her but she would just be a real nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Atleast it is almost the weekend now
    Just had call from DF his boss has now sequestered him to keep working in Narrabri grrr does he ignore the fact that we should be busy doing wedding stuff. Obviously wont get to taste test food before said wedding as only allowed to do so Sunday nights and the men may never get suits, Why do things keep coming to stress us out.
    Oh no, that sucks wobbler! Jerks That must be really stressful for you. Hope you can find somebody to help you out?

Quote Originally Posted by LowAMHonly25yo View Post
    Just need a creative reason why you can't drink, like being on antibiotics or something maybe?
    Yeah! There are a few threads on BubHub with lots of reasons for not drinking — February is a perfect time to say it too because of FebFast! And then you could just say in March that you just thought you might as well keep it going cos you felt so good

Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed333 View Post
    Hi all - I am planning to start TTC in June this year. I want to have my studies completed before my husband and I start a family. My sister had her first last week though and he's so gorgeous it makes me wonder why we're waiting?!

Does anyone else question their decision to plan TTC in the future?
    Welcome Newlywed! June will be here before you know it I agree though, I often wondered why we're waiting, because DP and I are waiting til after his sister's wedding in April, but we could start now anyway and not announce til after then!

But now in going to my pre-natal GP checkup I have a few issues with low iron and stuff so I'll get all that sorted now.

A lot of the girls here are also waiting for Private Health Insurance waiting periods to be up which is another good reason And of course people getting married (wobbler!) and going on lovely big holidays (futuremama!)

But it sounds like you could probably get started, it's not like you'd be giving birth til after you finish study anyway! Congrats on being so close to finishing, what are you studying?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixaust View Post
    Hi all!!

Glad I've found this group, completely agree its hard to fit in with other groups that have been going for ages!

DH and I will be trying to conceive in may. Just added maternity to our health cover and need to wait the three months before ttc. I can't wait, have babies constantly on my mind.

I had my pre pregnancy check up today, sounds like the usual a lot of you ladies had. Nearly fainted with the amount of blood they took. But is all worth it in the end.
    We are still on bc as too scared to accidentally fall pregnant before the waiting period ends.

Does anyone have stories on how long it took for their cycles to become normal?

Anyway, enough from me tonight. Just wanted to say hi and looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.
    Hi Phoenix! Welcome!

May is very close indeed! My cycle story is that it was annoyingly normal.. I ovulated about 17 days after stopping BC. Haven't had AF yet but she is due pretty soon.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

Hi Staceyj13 - thanks for the kind words. I'm a bit confused though - how long is the waiting period for your PHI? Mine's only 1 year so I plan to start the pregnancy side cover 3 months before TTC and then the 9 months of pregnancy will mean I'm covered by the time bub is born.
    Mine is one year too but I only got PHI in Dec last year :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    really all I need to say is that i've injured my knee again and shouldn't drink with pain killers not a lie I am in pain still, sadly wont be able to take any of my pain meds after I fall PG due to complications they cause, so back to pain and no gym but will have a healthy baby so that outweighs it. Have to put DF name on my health insurance as soon as wed, he still has his own but keeps of talking of getting rid of it. Would seem silly if me and kids had private cover and he has none on the off chance he never needs surgery. Not giving birth in my local public hospital at all if can be avoided Looking forward to a nice private room

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    That makes perfect sense Newlywed so hard to do study work and be PG although one of my closest friends graduated from teaching days after she gave birth to her son, even did an exam in delivery suite lol but I wouldn't advocate that. I always wanted my kids when I was much younger and although I had plenty of opportunities to get PG never saw the sense in lying to someone to get there and ending up alone so glad I did wait took me me till i was 27 to find my soulmate and will be 30 at the wedding but I've been everywhere and done everything now. Just can't wait to have a baby. Told DF last night when he came home from work that I'd come on here to chat with other like minded people and told him the name I used (a nickname I call him) and he was so chuffed had the biggest grin and just said you will be a wobbler mummy soon I know it
    Thats sooo cute!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Your wedding is so close wobblermummy that's so exciting!!!
    Staceyj13 with private health you should be covered as long as the baby is born after the 12 months so you can still get pregnant within the waiting periods. My phi told me to wait 3-4 months after I took out my cover if that makes sense.
    AFM I have my Dr appt tomorrow so hopefully that goes well!! I will definitely update you all on what she says!!
    Does anyone else have pets and worry about how they will go when a baby comes along? My two are like my little fur babies and they are quite spoilt and inside often, and allowed in our bed on occasion. We know a lot of that will have to change I just worry they might feel left out and I'd hate for that to happen.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac07 View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Your wedding is so close wobblermummy that's so exciting!!!
    Staceyj13 with private health you should be covered as long as the baby is born after the 12 months so you can still get pregnant within the waiting periods. My phi told me to wait 3-4 months after I took out my cover if that makes sense.
    AFM I have my Dr appt tomorrow so hopefully that goes well!! I will definitely update you all on what she says!!
    Does anyone else have pets and worry about how they will go when a baby comes along? My two are like my little fur babies and they are quite spoilt and inside often, and allowed in our bed on occasion. We know a lot of that will have to change I just worry they might feel left out and I'd hate for that to happen.
    Hi Lilac, FX for a good appointment with the doc today!!

I have 2 cats, I think 1 will be fine with a baby as he is independent and requires little attention. The other is the complete opposite, I worry about him being around a child. We've just started a new thing of keeping the cats out of our bedroom, spare bedrooms & bathrooms. Hopefully it goes well!

I have an ultrasound appt this morning to make sure there are no 'visible' issues that would hinder ttc. FX all is ok as we have enough problems between low ovarian reserve & DH low sperm count.

Have a good day ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Elswyth - you're so right! I just realised it's February already, June will be here before I know it! I just need to be patient. Plus, I bet when it finally comes around I'll be freaking out about getting pregnant anyway (just because it's such a big step).

My husband is really clucky right now though as he's seen his nephew-in-law a fair bit and absolutely wants a baby ASAP. He's planning to be the stay-at-home-dad so a baby affects his life more so than it does mine. He said he wants the pregnancy to be a suprise for him, so I've told him financially it's better if we wait until December this year but I'm going to start trying in June and hopefully can suprise him with the news. Does anyone think that's weird or nice?

Oh and Elyswth, I'm two subjects away from finishing my CA and becoming a real chartered accountant.

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming to this group - it's great to have the support when I haven't really told family / friends yet.

Thanks
    Reviews

He said he wants the pregnancy to be a surprise for him, so I've told him financially it's better if we wait until December this year but I'm going to start trying in June and hopefully can surprise him with the news. Does anyone think that's weird or nice?
    I think it's really lovely!

That he is so excited, wants to be a stay at home dad and that you are enabling the surprise!

Very sweet, it will be such a beautiful moment when you announce the news to him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes Lilac April is getting really close now I can't wait, all is good for you at the drs.

LOW for you also hope your ultrasound went well and there was nothing bad to have shown up for you.

Newlywed good luck with those last 2 subjects, it is always the last subjects that feel so draining cause you know you are basically there already and don't have far to go. THink a surprise would be lovely although don't know if i could contain myself.

Would love to fall first go, but that would mean taking all my OPKs on the cruise and over to New Zealand, DF soon to be DH may laugh at that.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just found out that the girl at my work may have got fired because she was planning for a baby I now have to keep my mouth shut at work :-( on the plus side I got my iron tablets today