Closed Thread
Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else waiting to start TTC in a couple of months or more?

Hi ladies so a girl i work with is TTC and also just brought her first apartment and today I found out that my boss told her this is her last month working with us I'm so shocked for her I couldn't think of anything worse I know it's hard finding work in Sydney hope things work out for her

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Newlywed333 View Post
    Hi all - I am planning to start TTC in June this year. I want to have my studies completed before my husband and I start a family. My sister had her first last week though and he's so gorgeous it makes me wonder why we're waiting?!

Does anyone else question their decision to plan TTC in the future?
    Hello congrats to your sister I'm waiting for my health insurance waiting period to be up I'm going to start TTC in October

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    Hi ladies so a girl i work with is TTC and also just brought her first apartment and today I found out that my boss told her this is her last month working with us I'm so shocked for her I couldn't think of anything worse I know it's hard finding work in Sydney hope things work out for her
    how horrible for the girl you work with. Thats why I keep thinking hope can afford everything this year, will only just have a new house built by the time hopefully we have a new baby. I hate my job as my boss can be really dumb at times and not care how things are run and unsafely. I will have good maternity leave though so staying to get my 10wks maternity leave to add to the government maternity leave and then maybe consider something else after that period. DOn't want to have to work for another company and do another 12 months employment before entitled to even fall PG.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    how horrible for the girl you work with. Thats why I keep thinking hope can afford everything this year, will only just have a new house built by the time hopefully we have a new baby. I hate my job as my boss can be really dumb at times and not care how things are run and unsafely. I will have good maternity leave though so staying to get my 10wks maternity leave to add to the government maternity leave and then maybe consider something else after that period. DOn't want to have to work for another company and do another 12 months employment before entitled to even fall PG.
    Yeah I feel really bad for her but it gave me a massive wake up call really got to stop wasting money and save every cent I have coz you never know what can happy. I still haven't looked into that maternity leave stuff so much to look into

Thanks
    Reviews
    I returned to the same company i worked for before we went overseas knowing their maternity leave was good . I'll have 28 wks in total before have to go back to work. Its compulsory to stop work at 34 wks although with the stress with of work at our hospital and all my other medical problems I may just decide to leave early lol, although would have to have the finances for that and this is going to be a costly year already.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    I returned to the same company i worked for before we went overseas knowing their maternity leave was good . I'll have 28 wks in total before have to go back to work. Its compulsory to stop work at 34 wks although with the stress with of work at our hospital and all my other medical problems I may just decide to leave early lol, although would have to have the finances for that and this is going to be a costly year already.
    I find it stressful thinking about the money side of things I have no clue how much a baby cost but having a beautiful baby is just priceless

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is stressful to think of, Its going to hopefully happen this year anyway so not going to worry too much, we will get through. I can't wait to hold a healthy gorgeous baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Staceyj13 - thanks for the kind words. I'm a bit confused though - how long is the waiting period for your PHI? Mine's only 1 year so I plan to start the pregnancy side cover 3 months before TTC and then the 9 months of pregnancy will mean I'm covered by the time bub is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wobblermummy - yes your situation totally makes sense. My husband said the only input he has into when we have kids is after we're married. We've been married for a month and a bit now so can't wait to start trying but as my job is quite stressful and I study on top of that I plan to finish the study before TTC which makes sense but I am annoyed having to wait. Especially now our little nephew is here! He's sooo perfect! Hope ours is half as good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That makes perfect sense Newlywed so hard to do study work and be PG although one of my closest friends graduated from teaching days after she gave birth to her son, even did an exam in delivery suite lol but I wouldn't advocate that. I always wanted my kids when I was much younger and although I had plenty of opportunities to get PG never saw the sense in lying to someone to get there and ending up alone so glad I did wait took me me till i was 27 to find my soulmate and will be 30 at the wedding but I've been everywhere and done everything now. Just can't wait to have a baby. Told DF last night when he came home from work that I'd come on here to chat with other like minded people and told him the name I used (a nickname I call him) and he was so chuffed had the biggest grin and just said you will be a wobbler mummy soon I know it