+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dhea

Hi is anyone able to shed light on their experince with dhea? My fs prescribed this and ive been taking 25mg morning and night for the last month to help with my egg quality/ quantity. I only had 2 follies last cycle. 2 eggs retrieved but only 1 ( which was low quality anyway) failed icsi fertilisation. Hubby is A okay. Ive had urreg periods, endo removed, short cycles. Im 36, is there hope this will make a difference? been ttc for 8 years. Had a break from ivf ... maybe left it too late.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dhea

Hi subshinebell, there are some earlier threads on DHEA and side effects that may assist - In shirt, I've been on DHEA (currently on DHEA for an up and coming stim) I'm surprised your only on 25 twice daily??? Usually it's 75 x1 it 25 x 3???

My side effects this time round were a little moody in the 1st couple of weeks of taking them and now really oily hair roots - even though I've got fine hair, it just seems like I need to wash my roots daily

Good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi

yes see if u can find the other threads as lots of info and stories

i took dhea..started at 75mg..both times had to drop to 50mg...had ds after being on it for 4 months when i was 37...had dd after being on it for 5 months at 39. It takes at least 4 months for it too work properly...dhea never really incrased my egg numbers but i do believeit increased quality.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Thanks for your info. Yes ive looked at some of the earlier posts... but as a forum newbie i find the search a little unfriendly to use. Im sure with pratice ill find my way around.

Crofty My dose has been set accordingly to my test results. I was told keeping the dosage to as low as is required is better if you do need to be on it long term. Between last cycle and now ive had no sideffects

Jfbaldy72 thanks for sharing your successes. A nice positive. Gives me hope hearing your two successes at my age and after having to lower your dose . Thanks for note on quality. egg quality is all i need.. after all it only takes one and one good one is all i ask for .

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dhea

No worries sunshine bell, sometimes makes it easier going through a persons profile And having a look at recent posts that lead you to the thread