+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Food Shopping Online

I am looking at Starting to do my food shop online as it will be easier then dragging DS & DD out on my own in between bottles, day sleeps etc. I am looking at Woolworths who else does this online & any recommendations or negative feedback on online shopping would be great thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Food Shopping Online

I use Woolworths and love it. So much easier!
    The only hiccup I had was accidentally buying the wrong sizes, and a few things I've noticed are around 50c more expensive online.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It has taken me years to finally try online shopping and I can't believe how good it is. I have done 2 shops with woollies and will try Coles this week. I have found all the fresh fruit and vege fantastic infact they picked nectarines better than I usually do! Haha

A lot of the prices I noticed were the same and I was able to shop through the half price specials (last weeks catalogue) before doing the regular isles so I got lots of bargain. Honesty, I am so happy with it and I used to shop at aldi but with returning to work 5 days a week I needed to take some of the pressure off myself.

My biggest tip is to do a "stock take" on your fridge, pantry, bathroom and cleaning closet and write a very comprehensive list because you won't have the visual isles to prompt you to remember things. When I used to shop in store I would never write down milk because I would always remember it when passing the dairy isle but when I did my first online shop I completely forgot it.

And it's great if you forget something and remember 30 mins later you can go back in and amend your list to add or delete items then they just charge your card for the difference.

Just be prepared for the first time you may forget a few things or get it wrong but you will learn for next time.

Also if you have time, Tick each item off your invoice when it arrives to make sure nothing was forgotten. Sometimes they are out of things and they show this on the invoice and credit it back to the card you pay with.
    Last edited by nicole83; 23-01-2013 at 08:59.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I use Coles, love it

A couple of little hiccups including milk which only had a couple of days use by (and as I buy a weeks worth for a family of 6 it was annoying) but they fully refunded the milk and one other time some potatoes that did not look great but once again, they fully refunded these.

Make sure you menu plan so you buy exactly what you need

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

I love the Woolworths on and I find it saves a lot of money. Stops me impulse buying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Woolworths also has a barcode app for your phone. If I run out of something during the week I scan it then go back to it when I do my shop and It helps me remember

Thanks
    Reviews

My only negative so far would be last week I added 1kg of home brand self raising flour as I had run out completely and was planning to do a big bake off that afternoon....well that was one of the items they were out of so if I was in store I obviously would have just bought the next cheapest option.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Food Shopping Online

Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    My only negative so far would be last week I added 1kg of home brand self raising flour as I had run out completely and was planning to do a big bake off that afternoon....well that was one of the items they were out of so if I was in store I obviously would have just bought the next cheapest option.
    I do online shopping with Coles and just select 'product replacement' or something similar. That way if they're out of what I chose they'll pick a similar item. They charge the price for what you wanted not the new product price

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't personally but my friend always comments on how great Aussie farmer direct is? I'm not sure what you can get from them

I live with my MIL so she does the shopping this is definitely something we will be doing once we move out to stop us from buying garbage!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    I do online shopping with Coles and just select 'product replacement' or something similar. That way if they're out of what I chose they'll pick a similar item. They charge the price for what you wanted not the new product price

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub
    Yeah I thought I had that set up with woollies too when I set the account up at the start...will have to double check next order I do with them.