+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you love about bottle feeding?

My baby girl is 13 days old today. I have had to feed mostly with formula since she was born because my milk never came in properly and she has a weak attachment and suck. Can I just say thank you so very much for starting this thread. I have been an emotional wreck the last two weeks and its only today that I have been able to talk about FF without breaking down. I felt like I was 'broken' and had enormous guilt for not being able to breastfeed. I feel there's not enough support for people that can't/choose not to breastfeed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IncyWincy For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-01-2013),House Mummaxxxx  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Bottlefeed in to protest the name change, I say!! (or is bottlefeeding to offensive and unclassy, hmmm?)

Anyway I'm trespassing in here so I'll just say I am totes jealous of all your reasons to celebrate.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    You're not trespassing. It wasn't any of us that changed the name to 'bottlefeeders only', after all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What do you love about bottle feeding?

When I bottlefed my DS1 after 5.5 months of trying to BF, I felt so relieved after finally letting go and he settles better and suddenly started putting on more weight and seemed happier!

*also tresspassing*

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RachHasArrived View Post
    My baby girl is 13 days old today. I have had to feed mostly with formula since she was born because my milk never came in properly and she has a weak attachment and suck. Can I just say thank you so very much for starting this thread. I have been an emotional wreck the last two weeks and its only today that I have been able to talk about FF without breaking down. I felt like I was 'broken' and had enormous guilt for not being able to breastfeed. I feel there's not enough support for people that can't/choose not to breastfeed.
    You are absolutely right that there is not enough support. I have long maintained that "breastfeeding trauma" can be similar to birth trauma.

Everyone says things like "as long as bubs is thriving that's all that matters". So my hopes and feelings and disappointment don't matter?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-01-2013),House Mummaxxxx  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Bottlefeed in to protest the name change, I say!! (or is bottlefeeding to offensive and unclassy, hmmm?)

Anyway I'm trespassing in here so I'll just say I am totes jealous of all your reasons to celebrate.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Lets have a bottle-feed-in!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-01-2013),PomPoms  (23-01-2013),soon2bmumzy  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RachHasArrived View Post
    Big

Your baby is fed, that's the main thing. My 10 year old was ff from really early on and she is a clever, healthy, tall, strong, funny and awesome kid!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I never had intended to BF my DD but when she arrived 14wks early expressing was one of the only things I could do for her at that stage, then she was breast and bottle feed. I maintained this routine for 15 mths and I felt proud.
    Now finally pregnant again I will only be bottle feeding this one, whether early or not. I have no choice, as cancer took away my choices. I want to feel comfortable and am very happy to hear from other bottle feeders about the benefits.
    My beautiful DF brought it up before me and I felt a massive wave of gratitude when he said that he was looking forward to doing feeds, especially the night ones. My DD is also hoping to help out with feeds. I think this will bring a really strong bond to our blended family.
    I've told myself to look at the pros and will be happy with knowing how much babe gets, being able to take time out and leave babe with family, to not have to spend money on new underwear and def looking forward to a nice tall glass of Gin and Tonic!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pickledpink For This Useful Post:

darla87  (23-01-2013),Guest654  (23-01-2013),House Mummaxxxx  (23-01-2013),RipperRita  (24-01-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I never felt shame or guilt about having to FF DS after just 6 weeks (milk dried up) UNTIL I came on the forum.....I didnt realise that some people viewed FF as such a failure and a horrible thing to do. I honestly didnt know it could be looked at any other way than just feeding a baby.
    Hugs to bottlefeeding parents who apparently have to knowingly go through this scrutiny.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (23-01-2013),Guest654  (23-01-2013),House Mummaxxxx  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I never felt shame or guilt about having to FF DS after just 6 weeks (milk dried up) UNTIL I came on the forum.....I didnt realise that some people viewed FF as such a failure and a horrible thing to do. I honestly didnt know it could be looked at any other way than just feeding a baby.
    Hugs to bottlefeeding parents who apparently have to knowingly go through this scrutiny.
    Oh that's awful

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What do you love about bottle feeding?

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I was so worried about responses like that when breastfeeding was becoming such a battle, it made me put dd & I through hell for a little bit longer before I finally caved. Then I started telling myself that I was feeding my baby the best that *I* could give her and nothing else mattered.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-01-2013)