+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What do you love about bottle feeding?

Great thread thank you!!
    I bf ds for the first week then chose formula. Bf was just too hard and my nipples were all scabby, every time I expressed all that came out was blood :-(
    I felt guilty for so long. But ds is such a happy baby so I must be doing something right.

What I love is dp can feed him
    My mum can feed him while she's baby sitting when me and dp go out for dinner once a fort night.
    I can enjoy a couple of wines without worrying.
    He sleeps so much better now his ff.
    I know how much he drinks.
    I'm not as stressed as I was in that first week of bf.

Cheers :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia92 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember crying once to an IVF counsellor, saying that I felt that I'd failed at everything with DD. I'd failed at natural conception, I'd failed at natural birth (she was a c/s delivery), and I'd failed at breastfeeding. I was crying as I was scared that I'd fail all over again with the next baby.

The counsellor said to me: "Hang on - you were just telling me about your daughter, and you told me she was awesome. You said she was happy, healthy, and totally awesome in every way."

I agreed.

And she said: "Well, in that case - you want to do everything exactly the way you did it before! As you did all those things and got the most awesome child ever."

Of course, that doesn't mean I literally DO want to repeat everything, but it made me feel so much better about everything. Especially now that I'm pregnant via IVF, and facing a repeat c-section! I intend to try to BF, but I keep reminding myself that if it doesn't work out then I might just get another child as awesome as DD is!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

House Mummaxxxx  (23-01-2013),αληθη  (29-08-2013),lambjam  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What do you love about bottle feeding?

Such a great way of looking at it Girl X!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you love about bottle feeding?

Girl X my MCHN told me about a new mum of IVF twins who had switched to FF after much difficulty - she said "It took me years to conceive these babies, I'm going to enjoy every minute of them" (ie stop going through the agony of BF pain she was having).

That rang true for me because I had issues conceiving my awesome DD too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thankyou for this thread!

I had attachment issues with ds coz he was a small baby 2.5kgs full term and for the first 3 weeks every feed I tried to put him on but ended in frustration and tears so ebm was given, expressing took the life out of me, 3 weeks fully expressing breast milk.. I decided id had enough and started him on formula not a decision made lightly and I felt guilt and embarrassment too.. Anywho samuels happy and healthy so he doesn't know any different!! I love that my partner can feed him and be more involved, underwire bras, I can drink and eat whatever I want, just the convienence of it really.. Thanks again for this thread I sometimes need a pick me up to know I did the right thing for us!

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So now that I have my DD and have had a lot of attachment issues and supply problems I absolutely love bottle feeding! I express and love it but I also need to give her formula top ups too and besides the disgusting smelling burps in my face, I think it's amazing and I find it so much less stressful to be doing this

Sent from my talky stick with a minion glued to me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (29-08-2013),kw123  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love not taking 1.5 hours out of every 3 hours to bf, then top up with formula , then express to get a pathetic 20mls to add to the next top up, all to give my baby about 10% of the calories she was getting. When I saw her paediatrician at 6 weeks he put this all into a very valuable perspective for me, I stopped bf that day! And we've never looked back. I was determined to bf, went to classes, expressed, saw a lactation consultant, ate ridiculous lactation cookies, took mot ilium. I was never going to produce enough milk for her. And despite the fact that the rest of the family has had colds twice since she was born, dd is 4 months old and not gotten sick yet at all, so her immune system is just fine.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM76 For This Useful Post:

kw123  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could see how much they got
    I didn't have to do all the feeding and other people could bond with baby
    I didn't have sore nipples
    Felt more comfortable in public
    I bonded better ( for some reason I didn't bond when I tried breastfeeding)
    I could go out for a few hours to get my hair done, or shopping etc without baby and not have to worry about expressing or worry about if there was no milk left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bottle fed my first two. I'm breastfeeding #3. He's got two teeth and they hurt!
    So that would have to be my number one love for bottles! Which I may just swap to if he keeps up this biting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love bottle feeding that DP can help out and do a feed if I'm in the shower, napping, cooking dinner.
    I breastfed DS #2 for 3 1/2 weeks and I found it a great bond, but VERY exhausting!

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️