+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Petty petty petty

Ok, so I am looking for a new job because my contract didn't get renewed. I have been looking and have put in about 6 applications in the last week and the last one that I put in...was a bit of a ...challenge. You see this job, if my assumption is correct, would be at the....dump, in the office, but the office of the dump. Part of me goes "so what, you went to the dump the other day" and "you are in no position to be so proud and choosy" but.....it's the dump.

Please don't flame me for what I have just said.

(the fact that I have minimal sense of smell would finally come in handy if I get it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get what you're saying. But if I needed a job, id take it. You can always keep looking once you're employed.

For what its worth, I know some chicks that work on the weighbridge and do admin at the tip and they're super nice and smart. They're doing it for their kids

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Petty petty petty

I would work aywhere if I had no other option, at least its not touching the actual rubbish! Ps jealous of your no-sense-of-smell, would be PERFECT in my job lol

Sent from my GT-S6102 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I would work anywhere if I had no other option, at least its not touching the actual rubbish! Ps jealous of your no-sense-of-smell, would be PERFECT in my job lol

Thanks
    Reviews

sorry for 2 posts

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Ok, so I am looking for a new job because my contract didn't get renewed. I have been looking and have put in about 6 applications in the last week and the last one that I put in...was a bit of a ...challenge. You see this job, if my assumption is correct, would be at the....dump, in the office, but the office of the dump. Part of me goes "so what, you went to the dump the other day" and "you are in no position to be so proud and choosy" but.....it's the dump.

Please don't flame me for what I have just said.

(the fact that I have minimal sense of smell would finally come in handy if I get it)
    I hope you get a job soon - preferably one you want and are comfortable with! the market is tight at the moment, no judging, I totally understand the 'stigma' attached to certain jobs but that only comes from a certain type of person that isn't worth spending your time worrying about! I take my hat off to people who a) work in any essential service (yes the dump is essential) b) put their families needs before their own wants/preferences and c) would rather work than collect a dole payment - so kudos to you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I think I'd feel yuck working around rubbish, I couldn't do a job I wasn't happy with, the smell, the surrounds, id find it depressing.
    Me personally? I'd keep looking, I'd rather a long term position than something I'd have to leave sooner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

No point working for just money? Why? You will be miserable etc.. That will reflect on your whole life!

But in saying that I know two people who work at the dump and earn extremely great money!! Better than my qualified dp?! Ironic isn't it they always find money etc too lol I know you will be inside but yeah!

How about a temp agency?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take it because you need a job, having minimal sense of smell is working for you, you are working in the office not outside and it would make great dinner conversation: 'wow, Bruce found [insert amazing story here]...'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

While perhaps not ideal for you, it could be one of the best jobs you ever do if you get it. Good luck and hope you do find something you want to do.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub