+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Progesterone pessaries in Brisbane

Hallo!

I couldn't decide where to post this so hopefully here is okay

I'm 10ish weeks pregnant and my OB wants to start me on some progesterone pessaries to help support my cervix until close to when I'm due (I have a suture but I guess it's extra help). The only issue is that they're REALLY expensive. I've looked at a couple chemists with prices online since everywhere is closed now and they're $90 for 15 200mg Pessaries. I got some from QFG when I was going there but I can't remember how much they were except that they were expensive...

Does anyone know of a good chemist pricewise to get them from in Brisbane? Otherwise between these and the planning fee at the OB my husband may have to auction off a kidney!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Progesterone pessaries in Brisbane

We sell them for a very similar price, I'll check tomorrow and PM you. I've heard the compounding pharmacy in Wickham Tce does them a little cheaper. I advise ringing around/emailing pharmacies as many will price match. So you don't have to drive half way across the city to get them. Are you only using 1 at night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm just supposed to use 1 a day. $90 a fortnight for the next 20 weeks is still a bit pricey so I thought I'd ask if anyone had a recommendation!

I'll just do the ring around today, hooray phones