+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    It makes the salad on the burger taste better....I dont think you will generally find mayo on a burger that doesnt have salad in it.
    I don't think I would eat a burger without some sort of salad on it .. Ketchup and mustard do the job for me !! Plus loads of pickles !!
    Damn it now I want a burger .. I have eaten to many burgers this preggy .. My poor baby !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hungry jacks mayo?

The new maccas burgers with the bacon and onion rings are so good. The first time I got it I forgot to ask for it without mayo (ate it anyway) second time it didn't taste as good without the mayo. Then I read a thing that basically said the only mayo you need to worry about is fresh made mayo (like at a fancy restaurant) everything else will be pasteurized.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    The new maccas burgers with the bacon and onion rings are so good. The first time I got it I forgot to ask for it without mayo (ate it anyway) second time it didn't taste as good without the mayo. Then I read a thing that basically said the only mayo you need to worry about is fresh made mayo (like at a fancy restaurant) everything else will be pasteurized.
    Oh how good is that burger!!!! I had it for the first time when I was starving, and I'm pretty sure it was the most enjoyable burger I have ever eaten! Heart attack in a box though lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

As PP said, the mayo is pasteurised... In Australia a lot of what they say you can't eat while pregnant is pasteurised, so completely safe... I live by the rule of following common sense :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think sometimes we are overthinking the whole what we can/can't eat. I highly doubt hungry's would use raw egg mayo, it would be whatever is out of the jar. I agreee with AmyEL, common sense needs to come into play here.

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree with the common sense thing. I think we can drive ourselves mad with all the things we can and can't have these days.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Damn it now I want a burger .. I have eaten to many burgers this preggy .. My poor baby !
    Me too. That and chips and gravy. Om nom nom.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Me too. That and chips and gravy. Om nom nom.
    For about 3 weeks I pretty much only ate chips and gravy it was the only thing I could handle

Wish I could have some now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been avoiding burgers, but not because of the mayo. I was told that the lettuce was a listeria risk, because you don't know how long ago it was prepared, or how well they washed it.

(Bummer, because I'd love a burger!)
    Last edited by Gentoo; 23-01-2013 at 17:03.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

misssarahann855  (23-01-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    I've been avoiding burgers, but not because of the mayo. I was told that the lettuce was a listeria risk, because you don't know how long ago it was prepared, or how well they washed it.

(Bummer, because I'd love a burger!)
    Thats why I have been avoiding them this time around too, except for fresh made cheeseburgers because they have no salad and no mayo.