+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You would think so! It is a bit odd, I'd be calling to clarify what's happened. I can only assume the rebate you've been receiving has been for child care, and the debt you've accumulated is for FTB and they're only just calling it now for some reason. Definitely call and question why, and also make sure that you're estimated income for this financial year is well and truly OVER estimated, JIC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes you can pay the debt off over time. Best bet is to call them and make sure there is no error. And if there is a debt then you can pay off a small amount a fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MISTAKE. yahoo, i am so relieved.. i do overestimate our income, but couldnt work out why. i called them , we should never have got 4 different letters with amnts owing totalling $7.5k. i got the girls name and a recipt but she sd defi they get reconciled once our tax is done so we are ok.. hoping that all is ok,.she sd we are free of debt with centrelink and it was an error.. (i wonder if i paid it would they have refunded HMMMM )

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to toddler06 For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (23-01-2013),ChickyBee  (23-01-2013),dancingchipmunk  (22-01-2013),Hokey Pokey  (22-01-2013),lones  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    That's great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't know If its related but I also got a letter last week from them saying I owe $400 for some unknown reason, I ignored it and thought ill deal with it later and then yesterday got another letter saying I owe them zero.
    so confusing! Must be a system error.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy pig For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: centrelink debt

That's great op

Quote Originally Posted by wiwy View Post
    Don't know If its related but I also got a letter last week from them saying I owe $400 for some unknown reason, I ignored it and thought ill deal with it later and then yesterday got another letter saying I owe them zero.
    so confusing! Must be a system error.
    I hope they're looking into why that's happening. Glad your debt was a mistake as well.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default centrelink debt

The same thing happened to me, 2 years later I got a bill for 3.5k I pay it off $100 a fortnight when working and $20 a fortnight when I'm not working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: centrelink debt

A few years ago my mum was sent a letter saying she owed about $7000 from 9 years previously. She called and they said there wasn't a mistake she owed this money. She fought them over it and ended up winning, but the fact that she wasn't required to keep anything longer then 7 years didn't make a difference. It was like being audited.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub