+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default New Celebrate Bottlefeeding section

The reason there are no ads for formulas is because its illegal in Australia to advertise formula. It's that simple
    It's not illegal to advertise toddler supplementary milks such as Karicare Toddler Gold (for example) because its marketed at the 12 month plus child and is basically a vitamin drink, not a complete 'meal' the way baby formula is
    Give BH a break about advertising formula for the above reason, but lets get to the bottom of the name change for this section

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    The reason there are no ads for formulas is because its illegal in Australia to advertise formula. It's that simple
    It's not illegal to advertise toddler supplementary milks such as Karicare Toddler Gold (for example) because its marketed at the 12 month plus child and is basically a vitamin drink, not a complete 'meal' the way baby formula is
    Give BH a break about advertising formula for the above reason, but lets get to the bottom of the name change for this section
    The mod actually said BH doesnt accept ads for formula as it is proud to be a pro-breastfeeding site......otherwise it could accept ads for 12month+ formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    The mod actually said BH doesnt accept ads for formula as it is proud to be a pro-breastfeeding site......otherwise it could accept ads for 12month+ formula.
    You've just backed up what I've said and expanded it to mean that BH is snubbing formula feeders by not advertising toddler powders.. Which by definition are not baby food and therefore the lack of advertising of these shouldn't come under the banner of offending those of us who formula fed/feed.
    That's a bit like Paul's milk being allowed to advertise but not Karicare in the old 'cows milk vs toddler fortified milk after 12 months', I don't think it has any bearing on the drama about the section name change and whether BH properly supports bottle feeding, whether its ebm or formula

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't know if there is anything sinister about deciding against "celebrate bottlefeeding" as a section name. It could be interpreted that the web site was pushing formula (which obviously they are not, but thousands of people visit the site who are not regular members and who are not privy to the backstory of these arguments and just take on face value from a very quick glance).

Could they just rename the sections "bottlefeeding and breastfeeding" to avoid ill feelings that that bottlefeeding is being derided or there is inadequate support. Or "postive bottlefeeding" section and "positive breastfeeding" section to make it clear that debating about feeding isn't appropriate in those sections?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

meme  (29-01-2013),misskittyfantastico  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: New Celebrate Bottlefeeding section

All debating aside.. What is your reason to celebrate bottlefeeding? I celebrate bottlefeeding because my baby was early and without the invention of a baby bottle she would not be here. And without formula after my milk dried up, I doubt she would be in as good health as she is in.

What is your reason to celebrate?

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I would say hang in there. The harsh reality of a website like this is that there are both personal sensibilities (that would be us on the forum) and commercial factors to take into account. Whilst we invest a fair bit of ourselves in the forum, it is still a business and (I assume) that there needs to be some kind of management discussion etc around things that come up like this.
    It's just pretty poorly handled. They rush out and spruik the addition of this new subforum, then it's renamed just as quickly with no one to explain why.

Thanks
    Reviews

These type of conversation have me laughing and shaking my head at the same time.

A lot of judging goes on online that I fail to see in real life. No one and I mean no one ever had a go at me for bottle feeding. (Or maybe I just didn't take notice as I didn't give a damn what anyone thought?) I didn't even get tut tuts from midwives etc, they didn't care what I fed my baby, and they were quick to offer guidance and new bottles because he didn't like the wide ones I had. Imagine if those midwives that cared for me were trying to tell me breast is best and didn't see why I was bottle feeding, my baby would have been pretty damn hungry. Why can't we just all get along and stop judging. Yes breast is a better option. But it isn't best for everyone. Thinking that is naive to say the least. (Did I just say that online?) Every mother, baby, family is different.

Celebrate being lucky enough to live in a world where be it breast milk or formula our babies are being fed and not starved to death. I know I'm ranting on here, but I'm over this butting of heads on here and elsewhere online. When I see a healthy talk/debate about anything to do with feeding a baby I sigh and think 'cue the ff vs bf jargon'.

I'll support and 'celebrate' along side any woman no matter what they choose to feed their baby. I also would never judge how and where. Why can't everyone be as chilled as me

Ahh such is life on bub hub.

Ps: mods, when will we maybe see polls on the app? I'd love to help pick new names for the threads but I don't like the desktop mode lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to feelinglucky For This Useful Post:

MsTruth  (24-01-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look, frankly I dont care if there is or isnt formula ads. I dont care if BH chooses to be pro-BF or not.
    What I do care about is being fair....and I think it is fair to be able to celebrate both BF and FF. Thats all.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (24-01-2013),Benji  (24-01-2013),delirium  (24-01-2013),feelinglucky  (24-01-2013),Guest654  (24-01-2013),lambjam  (24-01-2013),Lauzy83  (05-05-2013),NancyBlackett  (24-01-2013),shelle65  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't think it's the tv stations, other companies just don't need to advertise as they are 'bigger' companies. (I do sometimes see a Nan stage 3 commercial though)

Off topic, do they advertise nappies on bub hub? I don't see ads lately as I'm always on my iPad. Can bub hub become pro modern cloth too? Cloth is best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: New Celebrate Bottlefeeding section

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    All debating aside.. What is your reason to celebrate bottlefeeding? I celebrate bottlefeeding because my baby was early and without the invention of a baby bottle she would not be here. And without formula after my milk dried up, I doubt she would be in as good health as she is in.

What is your reason to celebrate?

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub
    I celebrated formula feeding my bub because he was born with macroglossia and was unable to breastfeed. It took us 5 days to realise that despite his frantic attempt at sucking, there was a reason him and I ended up saturated after each feed because 90% wasn't being swallowed. It then took us another few weeks to master putting the bottle in his mouth so that he could actually drink properly, which also involved using a step 3 teat for my newborn.

I celebrated bottle feeding him because it meant I was no longer starving him and he started to cry less because he wasnt always hungry.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

16. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (24-01-2013)