+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: New Celebrate Bottlefeeding section

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    After reading these comments I have a better understanding of why some mothers celebrate bottlefeeding. As a title it wouldn't be my choice as my bias is towards a society that doesn't booby trap mums on feeding issues.

As for demanding formula. I am sorry you have interpreted both my words and larger breastfeeding organisations as having that view. It is not my belief at all but sadly being supportive of breastfeeding is often interpreted to being anti not breastfeeding.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    If you don't agree with celebrate bottle feeding for that reason, do you feel the same about celebrate breastfeeding?

I know that the reason I feel certain breastfeeding organisations demonise formula is because the representatives I encountered personally with my first baby did. To my face. Even comping DD was not acceptable to the representatives that I spoke to. The child health clinic I went to was next door to their local office, and demonise they did, as often as they could. This is not to say that every rep for that organisation does the same, I understand this.

For me it was not your support of bf that indicated that you were anti not bf. It is possible to be both pro breast and pro bottle. I have done both, I support both, and any friend of mine would agree with this. Comments that ff or bottle feeding are not things to celebrate, and the insinuation that mothers who decide to ff are failing and therefore should not be encouraged to celebrate due to this failure definitely gave me the impression that you were anti ff.

The thing with ff, is that there is no place where mums are officially supported. Even the companies that sell the formula are required by law to berate parents who ff by putting breast is best literature on their products. Ditto their websites. Every time a ff feeds their child, they are reminded of the fact that there is no support allowed for them. And then they come to safe places, forum threads specifically created for them to be supported in their journey, and even within this safe place they are told they should not be allowed to celebrate. Can you understand how hurtful and damaging this is?

If I went into celebrate bf thread and told posters they were not allowed to celebrate, I would be crucified. And rightly so! Obviously I would never do this, mothers who bf are amazing, same as the ones who ff. Mothers who love their children, regardless of the food they provide, are amazing in my eyes. And I respect their celebration.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

angelini  (29-01-2013),ChickyBee  (29-01-2013),dancingchipmunk  (29-01-2013),delirium  (29-01-2013),Guest654  (03-02-2013),House Mummaxxxx  (29-01-2013),lambjam  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post

It is not my belief at all but sadly being supportive of breastfeeding is often interpreted to being anti not breastfeeding.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Not all pro bfing messages are negative about ffing. You can be pro breast but not necessarily anti bottle. Unfortunately many are and it becomes tiresome for a non bfing mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

Default Re: New Celebrate Bottlefeeding section

Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    If you don't agree with celebrate bottle feeding for that reason, do you feel the same about celebrate breastfeeding?

I know that the reason I feel certain
    breastfeeding organisations demonise formula is because the representatives I encountered personally with my first baby did. To my face. Even comping DD was not acceptable to the representatives that I spoke to. The child health clinic I went to was next door to their local office, and demonise they did, as often as i could. This is not to say that every rep for that organisation does the same, I understand this.

For me it was not your support of bf that indicated that you were anti not bf. It is possible to be both pro breast and pro bottle. I have done both, I support both, and any friend of mine would agree with this. Comments that ff or bottle feeding are not things to celebrate, and the insinuation that mothers who decide to ff are failing and therefore should not be encouraged to celebrate due to this failure definitely gave me the impression that you were anti ff.

The thing with ff, is that there is no place where mums are officially supported. Even the companies that sell the formula are required by law to berate parents who ff by putting breast is best literature on their products. Ditto their websites. Every time a ff feeds their child, they are reminded of the fact that there is no support allowed for them. And then they come to safe places, forum threads specifically created for them to be supported in their journey, and even within this safe place they are told they should not be allowed to celebrate. Can you understand how hurtful and damaging this is?

If I went into celebrate bf thread and told posters they were not allowed to celebrate, I would be crucified. And rightly so! Obviously I would never do this, mothers who bf are amazing, same as the ones who ff. Mothers who love their children, regardless of the food they provide, are amazing in my eyes. And I respect their celebration.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub
    So agree. Some of the comments in here imo have been pretty anti ff which I find ironic given this is meant to be a section free of that. Id be quickly hunted from the bfing section if I started speaking negatively. I think its time this section stayed purely for its its purpose celebrating ffing
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    Last edited by delirium; 29-01-2013 at 14:03.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

House Mummaxxxx  (29-01-2013),lambjam  (29-01-2013),risfaerie  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just wanted to reignite this thread as some women have shared some pretty horrific stories about their attempts to BF today, and thank god there are safe and healthy alternatives available so that all our babies can be fed

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (04-05-2013),hopefulmama2b  (04-05-2013),risfaerie  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea! I am even going to break my strict rule about too much identifying info (although anyone who knows me well will recognize me from my posts any way).

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1367669530.786176.jpg

DS feeding DD2. She'd been clingy for him all day & wouldn't accept a bottle from me or DF. Plonked her in DS's lap & she fed like a champ! ( Not to mention a chance for me to enjoy a coffee break!)

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

babyla  (05-05-2013),Guest654  (04-05-2013),House Mummaxxxx  (05-05-2013),kalgirl  (05-05-2013),kw123  (05-05-2013),lambjam  (04-05-2013),risfaerie  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great photo! Love the idea of reigniting this, I think the recent debate has highlighted the need for FFing mums to support, encourage and help each other.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

kw123  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love that bubhub has introduced this area. I pro bf and pro ff - whatever works best for mum and bubs should be celebrated in my eyes. Just because we have a pro-bottle feeding area doesnt mean b/feeding mums are going to run for the S26.. it just acknowledges that not everyone can / wants to bf and we all need support and to celebrate successes, whatever they be.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (05-05-2013),risfaerie  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    😃😃😃😃😃😃
    👍👍👍👍👍👍
    🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼

Emojis, how I love thee 👏

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hair For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (05-05-2013),Lauzy83  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo! I forgot about this thread!
    🍼
    Thanks for the reminder!
    🍼
    I also realised I've now said the same story twice in separate FF topics.
    Oh well!
    🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE FF!!!
    So does my baby girl

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (28-05-2013)