+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default New Celebrate Bottlefeeding section

Quote Originally Posted by feelinglucky View Post
    These type of conversation have me laughing and shaking my head at the same time.

A lot of judging goes on online that I fail to see in real life. No one and I mean no one ever had a go at me for bottle feeding. (Or maybe I just didn't take notice as I didn't give a damn what anyone thought?) I didn't even get tut tuts from midwives etc, they didn't care what I fed my baby, and they were quick to offer guidance and new bottles because he didn't like the wide ones I had. Imagine if those midwives that cared for me were trying to tell me breast is best and didn't see why I was bottle feeding, my baby would have been pretty damn hungry. Why can't we just all get along and stop judging. Yes breast is a better option. But it isn't best for everyone. Thinking that is naive to say the least. (Did I just say that online?) Every mother, baby, family is different.

Celebrate being lucky enough to live in a world where be it breast milk or formula our babies are being fed and not starved to death. I know I'm ranting on here, but I'm over this butting of heads on here and elsewhere online. When I see a healthy talk/debate about anything to do with feeding a baby I sigh and think 'cue the ff vs bf jargon'.

I'll support and 'celebrate' along side any woman no matter what they choose to feed their baby. I also would never judge how and where. Why can't everyone be as chilled as me

Ahh such is life on bub hub.

Ps: mods, when will we maybe see polls on the app? I'd love to help pick new names for the threads but I don't like the desktop mode lol
    It's awesome that you noticed any judgement about ff. I had pretty much the opposite experience - everyone from strangers in the food court to DF were absolutely horrible on my decision to ff. I could ignore it for the most part but if you read the original thread you'll see that a lot of the posters could not and the attitudes of other people are just making them feel worse.

As there is often a lot of judgement on BH about ff it's entirely appropriate that we have a space to be positive about it & offer comfort and support to those who need it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (24-01-2013),feelinglucky  (24-01-2013),Guest654  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have received both judgement and huge support from other mums about FFing DS.

The judgment has 100% come from BF mothers who had no or minor issues at the start with BF (few latching issues, minor grazes, etc). They never experienced excruciating pain worse than childbirth, and they were never tense about their newborn waking up because they were afraid to feed and the pain it would cause.

In short, they had no idea. I am glad I was able to educate a few of them One did admit that she didn't know the potential issues with BF and just assumed that anyone who FF chose to do so. Good one!

Nobody here celebrates FF so that they can drink alcohol or get a bit more sleep. But the purpose of the thread was to find the positives of FF, and they are some of them!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (24-01-2013),delirium  (24-01-2013),feelinglucky  (24-01-2013),Guest654  (24-01-2013),risfaerie  (24-01-2013),shelle65  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Why can't everyone be as chilled as me
    Bc you have said you don't and never have felt judgment?? When you don't feel judged then you don't care....

I actually agree with you celebrate babies just eating. Sadly a few of the bfers on this site choose to look down their noses at ffers, question whether their reasons or motives are 'good enough', they throw in rude comments. Bottle feeders can't even have their own sub forum without being constantly invaded.

I'm totally sick of the us vs them too. Ironically I find most ffers are either pro bfing, or could care less what other women do with their bodies. It's a frustrating dynamic of BH that frankly I don't see going away....

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (24-01-2013),feelinglucky  (24-01-2013),lambjam  (24-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (24-01-2013),risfaerie  (24-01-2013),shelle65  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: New Celebrate Bottlefeeding section

I'll support and 'celebrate' along side any woman no matter what they choose to feed their baby. I also would never judge how and where. Why can't everyone be as chilled as me
    Unfortunately there are many people the exact opposite of you out there. I had to sit there and hear a Dr say that my sons health problems (asthma, recurrent tonsilitis, multiple hospitalizations.) Are my fault because I didnt breastfeed him or express feed him. as if the pain of seeing my baby so sick wasn't enough, it broke my heart.

I've also been told I didnt try hard enough, that I didn't want to bf him because if I did, I would have.

Unfortunately, some people are awful and judgemental and don't give a damn about people's feelings.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (24-01-2013),feelinglucky  (24-01-2013),Guest654  (24-01-2013),risfaerie  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I cried after 9 days of trying to breast feed as I was in too much pain and bubs was miserable. Later found out I had mastitis when a rash showed up on my breast! I really beat myself up about changing to bottle feeding as I felt like I was a bad mother! I saw the change in my daughter once she started bottle feeding and knew I had made the right decision!

Our baby health nurse said to me, "You go in to the waiting room and point me out which children are/were breast fed or bottle bottle fed. You can't tell!"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lauzy83 For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (24-01-2013),feelinglucky  (24-01-2013),Guest654  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the way the name change of this section was handled, we honestly didn't mean anything derogatory by changing "celebrate" to "only", simply wanted to convey the fact that this section should be a safe place to talk - for bottlefeeders only. I'm learning as I go at the moment, so I now know to consult everyone before we make any changes like this.

The Bubhub is pro-breastfeeding, but in no way does that equate to anti-bottlefeeding. The reason we don't allow ads for formula is because of the Who Code, as someone previously mentioned. Briefly, the Who Code is about first world nations who do have good formula regulations standing against the poor regulations in third world countries where some formula companies have very unethical marketing techniques. It's about the sisterhood of mothers across the world sticking together to keep everyone's children healthy, as we are lucky in Australia to not have to worry about these issues, we should stand up for those who don't have the knowledge or opportunity to stand up for themselves.

I will be starting a poll shortly to see which titles the majority prefer - and they'll be the same, whichever is chosen.

Again, no disrespect or harm intended, totally our mistake and we will learn from this for the future.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BH-community For This Useful Post:

delirium  (24-01-2013),feelinglucky  (24-01-2013),Guest654  (24-01-2013),lambjam  (24-01-2013),Madame Mayhem  (24-01-2013),MsMummy  (24-01-2013),Pawzette  (24-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (24-01-2013),risfaerie  (24-01-2013),shelle65  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There has been discussion in a number of threads on this issue about what actually constitutes bottle feeding - it may be formula or ebm - maybe the new section name needs to be formula etc instead of bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootenanny View Post
    There has been discussion in a number of threads on this issue about what actually constitutes bottle feeding - it may be formula or ebm - maybe the new section name needs to be formula etc instead of bottle.
    I'd actually hoped it wasn't going to be formula, as it was more about celebrating the different ways in which we feed our children 'other than breast' - which includes formula and EBM.

Someone has also mentioned to me that it could include tube-fed children too. The only reason I didn't want something like 'other than breast' was because I didn't want to make it about breastfeeding at all (partly to avoid an us vs them scenario, but also because it was nothing to do with BF). Perhaps we can specify in the bit that explains the section that all types of 'other' feeding (bottle/ tube, formula/ EBM, etc.) are welcome.

BH Community - thank you for the information. I'm really happy to hear that the name can change back, and that people can vote on what they want it to be. I'm also happy that it was a mistake, and not an 'agenda' on behalf of BH. Will look forward to the poll

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

BH-community  (24-01-2013),dancingchipmunk  (24-01-2013),αληθη  (24-01-2013),Madame Mayhem  (24-01-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Great news, I'm very relieved

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

BH-community  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame Mayhem View Post
    B.

N
    ?????