+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Car Insurance

Last edited by IndieBelle; 24-09-2014 at 19:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Car Insurance

If they were 100% at fault and they are insured, yes their insurance will cover it. You will have compulsory insurance as part of your rego so will be fine in that regard. If they are not insured or registered it will be a legal battle (happened to a friend of mine).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Car Insurance

I work in motor claims. If they are insured with either comprehensive or third party property damage insurance then this will cover your husbands car. The other persons insurance will need to accept their claim also, and their excess will most likely have to be paid for your claim to be settled.

You also may not get the $11,000 you paid for the car. The car will be valued on market value, so you may find it is less than you paid.

It may also be worth calling the insurance the other person is with direct, so you can notify them of your intent to claim through them. Also, ask about a loan car if you need one, depending on the company, they may be able to arrange this also.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much. I was worried we would just lose the car and get nothing for it. I'm just so annoyed, we JUST bought it! Thankfully hubby is okay. I can put my mind at ease now