+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can you help us become parents for the first time?

Hi, we are Kirsten & Andrew from Brisbane. We are English but proud to be Australian residents and love this country that we have come to live in. First of all I apologise if I'm coming in too quick here without getting to know people on the site, but I'm just so eager to get my message out there and hope as many people as possible see this as I just want to be a mother as soon as possible.

Kirsten says…

I met my perfect partner at the age of 38, or should I say ‘met him again’. Our paths had crossed briefly 8 years before that, but when we bumped into each other again it didn’t take long for us to realise that we had something special. There were a couple things like age difference and distance that made our path uncertain at first (he was moving from England to Australia) but we took our chances and there was soon never any doubt in our mind that we were in it for the long haul. I came to join him in Australia and three years later Andrew proposed to me and we are planning our wedding for 2014.

Although I like to think I look ten years younger ;-) I hate to admit I am actually 42, and unfortunately my ovaries are even older. I’ve spent most of my adult life longing and trying for a child, and Andrew has only recently had to face the heartbreak of infertility when our IVF attempts failed. I have finally been diagnosed as premature ovarian failure and the only way I can get pregnant is with an egg donor. We love each other very much, admire each other and respect each other. We share the same dreams, goals, values and morals. All we want is to share the same with our children and give our children a loving, safe and happy home where they can grow into their own unique special selves.

We have our own painting & decorating company, so Andrew goes out to do all the hard work while I stay home and shuffle paper in our home office and go on Facebook, when he thinks I’m working. When he gets time off we love to relax at home with our current family, 4 feline babies – Tinkerbell, Ali, Cupcake & Pumpkin - who get spoiled and fussed over. Or we go out visiting the beautiful places we have grown to love in Australia and enjoy the sunshine. We love to laugh and any addition to our family will come into a household full of laughter.

We talk about our children all the time and the things we can do together, like read them bedtime stories, take them to the park, and create special memories for them, like stockings at Xmas and picnics. We know their names and think of when Tallulah Bluebell Angel gets married and cringes when her middle names are read out, and when Maximus goes to his first football match with his Dad wearing matching football tops.

Andrew says…

It’s always been my dream to have children. I’m a little bit younger than Kirsten at 31 and we didn’t get together until a few years ago. We are very happy together and would love the opportunity to bring a baby into the world and our only option for this now looks to be donor eggs so I would be eternally grateful to anyone who would give us the opportunity to do this. I know that we would be great parents and would give any children a wonderful home and happy life.

Both of us…

We can’t honestly put into words how we feel about the kind of woman who helps couples like us. You give us life and hope, where there is none. So we are looking for a special person who can help bring our picture to life. Due to a previous experience with an interstate potential donor that fell through we now prefer offers from donors in close proximity to Brisbane. Our clinician is Scott Salisbury at QFG.

If there is anyone who is even slightly curious, please just contact us. We are friendly, open and easy-going and would love to chat with any potential donors about what they are looking for in a recipient and get to know each other. Our personal email address is missktaylor@gmail.com, and further details will be given on contact.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if we’re not for you, then we wish you happiness and success in your journey.
    Last edited by Brisbane Pom; 19-03-2013 at 08:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Good luck finding your donor angel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Good luck hun!

I'm in Brisbane but already preggers thru ivf, would loved to have helped. I'm sure someone will come along soon

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi I'm currently cycling to donate my eggs. I met my lovely recipients on EDA. Have you tried there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Chances. Good luck with your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is EDA Aussie Egg Donors? If so I joined them first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks btmac. I'm glad I got a referral for wazza. My previous clinic weren't too good and he told me in my first meeting what they should have told me a year ago.

Thanks
    Reviews

It's Egg Donation Australia. Similar to AED but it can't hurt to get your ad in as many places as possible.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to spotsmum For This Useful Post:

Brisbane Pom  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow what a great post. You guys are obviously special people. I hope you find someone really soon.

I have been researching and reading about egg donation for a while now and would love to consider egg donation in the future. At the moment I'm breastfeeding my 13 month old - am I correct in saying I would need to wait until she weans before I consider donation?

Best of luck finding someone. I'm thinking of you - it must be a hard struggle.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaNurture For This Useful Post:

Brisbane Pom  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you MamaNurture. Infertility IS a hard struggle but it's the card I've been dealt and I have to keep on jumping over the constant obstacles. It ain't over till the fat lady sings :-)

I'm not sure about your question of weaning though I'm guessing it will be correct as an egg donor has to take drugs?