+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Changing childcare, Centrelink and Child Care Rebate?

DD will be changing childcare this year ( to one linked to her pre-school). Can anyone tell me what is involved in letting Centrelink know? We don't get CCB ( we wait until end of year as we always owe money!), but I we get CCR - do I call them, do they get notified from the daycare? Anyone that can tell me would be great ( I don't have time to sit on hold for 45 minutes!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Changing childcare, Centrelink and Child Care Rebate?

You don't need to tell anyone, it's all automated by the centres when they submit their weekly attendance rosters. The old daycare will stop submitting DDs name and the new dy care will start. I am assuming both daycare a have her centrelink reference number

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, what Marepoppin said. When you fill in the forms for the new childcare you'll need to fill in details with her centrelink reference number/etc and that will be submitted to centrelink on your behalf.

That's the theory. Let's hope the reality is that simple

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm considering moving as well, and the website says you only have to tell if you're getting JET assistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LOL - yes, if there is no delay in payment it will be a miracle! Thanks everyone, one less thing to worry about.