+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Creative inspiration needed - How would u decorate this dollhouse?

We have ordered this melissa and doug mini dollhouse for dd

d7808e39054bb93a4b06a5398d010cdb.jpg

x1_d7808e39054bb93a4b06a5398d010cdb.jpg

I love it and as we dont have much room the size is perfect!

But, its very plain on the inside as you can see which i love as we can decorate it however we want.

So what would you do and what stuff could i use to interior decorate?

Ideas needed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could get some pretty scrapbooking paper and use it as wall paper (even if you have a few options, cut them to size and add velcro dots to the back so your DD can change them whenever she likes)

Small pieces of fabric for area rugs

Maybe a few iceblock sticks stained/varnished then you could glue them to a piece of paper cut to the size/shape of the floors and use them as wooden floor boards

If you can find some really small frames to put little pictures in to use as artwork on the walls?

Just a few ideas, not sure if you're into any of that

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooh you got one. I love the Melissa and Doug range.

Nice idea of using scrap booking paper to line the walls, I think that would look gorgeous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NZtoWA View Post
    You could get some pretty scrapbooking paper and use it as wall paper (even if you have a few options, cut them to size and add velcro dots to the back so your DD can change them whenever she likes)

Small pieces of fabric for area rugs

Maybe a few iceblock sticks stained/varnished then you could glue them to a piece of paper cut to the size/shape of the floors and use them as wooden floor boards

If you can find some really small frames to put little pictures in to use as artwork on the walls?

Just a few ideas, not sure if you're into any of that
    Wow thanks you for the ideas, they are great...im hopeless. All i could think of was painiting the walls lol (not exactly the creative type!!)

I wonder where i could get little mini frames from. Perhaps even stickers would do the trick....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    ooh you got one. I love the Melissa and Doug range.

Nice idea of using scrap booking paper to line the walls, I think that would look gorgeous.
    Yeah decided on this, they make gorgeous toys dont they? I loved the one your dd has but we just dont have the room for something that big unfortunately

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Creative inspiration needed - How would u decorate this dollhouse?

What if you glued some toothpicks together for frames? You could also make little curtains the wallpaper idea is awesome though

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Paint a vine on the front of the house. Would make it even cuter.

Ask around and see if anyone has scrap bits of wall paper. Scrapbooking paper looks good to.

PP have also suggested great ideas also.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Missemzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure where you live but Masters Hardware has wallpaper samples for free that are gorgeous...and the perfect size to cut up for a dollhuse....
    We have used fabric scraps for curtains and floor rugs...
    Have the kids colour in tiny wall-art, just print a frame on the PC and have your child draw in the middle, then "hang"
    I have used popsticks - you can buy coloured ones at craft stores - to make all sorts of furniture...glue together with a hot glue gun, so it drys fast

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You could make little cushions for the couch (either the type you'd sit on, or just decorative cushions). Cover the bed with some fabric to make it look like a bed with a sheet on it (perhaps using a staple gun to attach it underneath?), and then make a blanket for it too. Just a little quilt maybe?

Make a table cloth to attach to the table, and then get your hands on some dollhouse food? If your child is too small to handle it without choking, you could glue it to the table cloth on the table, so it looks permanently set-up.

Little books or trinkets to put in the TV cabinet (glue them in if you're worried about them getting lost/eaten).

Get some carpet or vinyl floor samples and pop them in for the flooring?

Make some curtains out of fabric/lace.

You could buy some mini-frames that are designed for dollhouses and glue to the wall with photos of the dolls in little "family" settings, or just cute pictures or whatever. You could also use a frame and pop some tinfoil or something behind it to pretend it's a mirror for the bathroom.

If you want ot make it all moveable, you can just pop on some little velcro bits... so you put a bit on the frames, and others on the wall, so it can all be moved around appropriately. Could do this other decorations too... like couch cushions and such. So they can be removed, but also so they can be kept together and not as easily lost and not falling off all the time either.

You can also make or buy totally cute extra people - bendy dolls are made with beads, felt/fabric for clothes, embroidery-type floss and pipecleaners. https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...IuujigeE7oHIBw

That way you can create a little personalised family for your daughter - you could make YOUR family if you wanted (or buy them - I got DD some Strawberry Shortcake themed ones).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Painted thimbles with little fake plants glued in there = pot plants as well. If you were creative you could make a whole little garden.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post: