+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ants in the kitchen....HELP

Sounds weird but if you're really desperate go to the pharmacy and get Lyclear it's a scabies cream the active ingredient is 4% higher than what the pesties use when they spray for ants. Put a little blob outside away from pets and they should take it back to the nest and kill the lot. I've done it a few times and swear by it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Okay so I had to get ant rid in bunnings as I couldn't stand them another day..had to get the sticky things as they had none of the liquid..

After 24hrs it's supposed to work & kill the nest..now I did see more ants than normal come in so that means its working...

Lots were going into dishwasher so I put on my gloves & cleaned out the drain..it was full of dead ants & I poured vinegar into it & ran a hot cycle..

Next day just about all ants gone but a few on the floor so I got the lynx out lol..seemed to have worked..

Will put powder around the back laundry door area as think that's where few coming in..

Lyclear will be next on my list if they come back. Going to keep an eye. Lease up on our house soon & we will be moving away in a few months or less..

Thanks everyone for your suggestions & advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Subbing. We have ants everywhere and have tried everything. The only thing we have found keeps them at bay is to be constant with our methods. You stop for a day and their back. Doesn't matter what we do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Ants in the kitchen....HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    I spray lynx deodorant on my ants. Done so for years and it hasn't failed me yet.
    Lol I must have been an ant in a former life. I can't stand lynx either!

Personally I've found spraying 'Ajax spray and wipe' on them pretty effective. Will try ant rid tomorrow.

Hope your ant problem goes away soon op

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Borax and honey work well here..