+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappyboo View Post
    Thanks for all your suggestions

I think u may have to go to bunnings & get something..

I should note that our house is on a height & the 2 kitchen windows at the back are 8-10 feet from the ground so would ants from a nest be able to get up there?

I don't know much about ants and I'm not from australia so this is all new to me..
    Are you British? I'm the only person I know that uses the term "hoovering" instead of "vacuuming"
    as for the ants, we use the Mortein outdoor spray along the boundary of the house, I know its chemicals but at least they are outside away form the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ants in the kitchen....HELP

No I'm not British..am irish

Thanks will try those suggestions..fingers crossed

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another Ant rid convert here. And another one who grew up in a county with no insects, not like Australia anyway Ants don't freak me out as much as cockroaches though!!! They flip me out totally yuck!

We get this problem every year when the weather gets dry. Maybe you could go around the outside of the house as well and put a few drops on any obvious nests to kill the ones around the perimeter of the house. Just go slowly and look for ant trails. Put the drops somewhere on the trail. A 10c sized piece is heaps.

They are persistent little suckers! They swarmed my pantry last year, that was yuck! This year they targeted the kitchen table

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Ant rid. It's the best stuff. You need to spend a few minutes watching them first though. See what path they're taking and put a couple of drops every metre or so. They take it back to the nest and die.

We had a huge ant problem about a year ago to the point they were all through the linen cupboard. Washing aside, the problem was rectified within 24 hours with Ant Rid. You can buy it from the supermarket.
    This is the ONLY thing that worked for us. We were having horrible trouble but since we used the ant rid- no more ants. I was beginning to think they were impossible to get rid of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm heading out to get Ant Rid!!!! hate the little buggers. I could smell them last night and yep, a trail of them under the couch. they come through the cracks in the window pane... I've been using sticky tape to patch up the holes. grrrr.

Thanks
    Reviews

Okay so I got ant rid in bunnings this evening..they had no liquid so I had to get the sticky pack of 6 that you place where you see the ants mostly..

Wish me luck!!
    I'll keep ye posted how it goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappyboo View Post
    Okay so I got ant rid in bunnings this evening..they had no liquid so I had to get the sticky pack of 6 that you place where you see the ants mostly..

Wish me luck!!
    I'll keep ye posted how it goes
    They never worked with us, I'm sorry to say. Give it a go though, but if it doesn't work just go to the supermarket (Coles/Woolies) and get the Ant Rid liquid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That thing didn't work for me either but actually nothing worked for me, ant rid, borax, vinegar, cinnamon, clove, petrol... Last year when DS was still a baby, i had to put him on a swing and used double sided sticky tape on the stand so they couldn't get to him. I also used chalk to draw thick lines on bed and cot legs. This year we hired a guy to come, he put up some traps with the liquid i guess its ant rid. I have called him to come back 3 times, still have them in the house. Hope the ants in your house are not as stubborn as ours. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I spray lynx deodorant on my ants. Done so for years and it hasn't failed me yet.

Thanks
    Reviews

It may sound strange but artificial sweetener powder (such as equal) kills them as well it's also something they take back to their nests which potentially kills more.
    I have a thick line of talcum powder outside our doors and so far that's stopped them coming in there.