+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    The house i'm in has a huge ant problem as well. I bought these sticky mats from bunnings for cockroaches actually but have ended up catching a heap of ants instead.
    One of the brands is called 'the buzz insect control' and another called eco catcher. They are poison free. They might be worth a shot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ant Rid has worked for me every time. I usually put it up on a high window ledge or a corner part of the bench (just anywhere along their path that is inconspicuous). So unless the 4 month old is crawling on the bench (LOL, unlikely, obviously!!), it's fine. Just put it in a high up inconspicuous place.

It can take a while for the whole nest to come and eat the Ant Rid, and for up to a couple of days it can look like there are a tonne of ants, but that's how it works. The whole nest comes out to eat it and then they go away and die. I like it because once they've eaten it, they go away to die so all that's left once the job is done is to clean the surface that the Ant Rid was on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Ants in the kitchen....HELP

We did a bug bomb thing because I woke up with a huntsman on my face!

FREAKING OUT!!! I didn't care how much poison went into the air. Haven't seen many bugs since except flies

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for all your suggestions
    I should note that our house is on a height & the 2 kitchen windows at the back are 8-10 feet from the ground so would ants from a best be able to get

Thanks
    Reviews

I think u may have to go to bunnings & get something..

I should note that our house is on a height & the 2 kitchen windows at the back are 8-10 feet from the ground so would ants from a nest be able to get up there?

I don't know much about ants and I'm not from australia so this is all new to me..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappyboo View Post

I think u may have to go to bunnings & get something..

I should note that our house is on a height & the 2 kitchen windows at the back are 8-10 feet from the ground so would ants from a nest be able to get up there?

I don't know much about ants and I'm not from australia so this is all new to me..
    Where are they crawling around? Wherever you see them crawling, that's where you need to target.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ignore the 1st post..error in spelling & it tried to send

Thanks
    Reviews

I just see them around the dishwasher,floor & kitchen work top but have no idea where they are getting in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappyboo View Post
    I just see them around the dishwasher,floor & kitchen work top but have no idea where they are getting in
    Then I'd recommend putting Ant Rid on the kitchen bench, they will come and eat it there. Obviously, put it off to the side, not right where you prepare food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ants really bug me! They can get in just about anywhere (and do). I used to put a few ant rid drops in the cap of a bottle and leave it on the kitchen window sill for a week.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kochanski For This Useful Post:

blue bunny  (24-01-2013)