+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default DR MAKING it very difficult expensive for me advice pls.

I have a dr who i went to for many years but he is way too expensive and also does alot of crazy extreme unhelpful stuff. Like any dr he is not always right but his methods and treatments can cost alot more than i can afford as a sole parent.

There was however a type of acupuncture treatment he did that was not expensive and that was very helpful.

I continued to book into that without seeing him which was fine as long as occassionally i saw him.

Now since its been a while since i saw him ( 8 yrs) he is insisting I start again seeing him as a new patient.

He makes new patience do all crazy stuff and buy hundreds of supplements more than any brain or person could ever cope with keeping track of and taking.

I have no interest in his many weird and wonderful methods. I have gone to a similar dr who i prefered and helped me more but they dont offer the type of acupuncture he gives that has helped me and isnt expensive.

I am a single parent i dont have the money for all his supplements and crazy treatments. I just want the acupuncture treatments. I have gone to many drs and naturopaths and learnt alot of what works and doesnt work for me and i'm only interested in his acupuncture treatment.

is there any way i can access his acupuncture treatment without ahving to be put thru what i can only describe as a very expensive and crazy maze that he wants to link up with me having acupuncture treatments

when i dont want and cant afford all that stuff and only want the acupuncture treatments.

i have tried to talk to them as there nothing dangerous about the acupuncture treatments and i cant afford the rest of his crazy methods and didnt find it helped me at all.

he comes up with the craziest ideas which a few years later then change or become even 20 times more convoluted and complicated. I think he has asbergers.

does anyone have suggestions pls.

i've thought of if my gp could talk to him,
    i dont know what else i could do .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is there any reason why if you see him again to jump through the hoop, when he tells you to buy all the tablets to say that you cant afford it right now, single mum etc and would love to when you are in a better place financially? I have been to a practitioner once who really pushed frequent treatments and tablets etc and I said no. I did find it a little hard but felt great once I put it out there and he understood. If you dont feel that is an option yes, maybe gp for a start if even to discuss how he can coerce you into ther treatments when all you want is the pins - is that legal? Hard to understand the type of practice this is by your description. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh...he doesn't sound like a doctor. He sounds like a scammer. If you're not comfortable maybe just stop seeing him and go and get some acupuncture from a new place?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (21-01-2013)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: DR MAKING it very difficult expensive for me advice pls.

Doesn't sound like a real doctor to me either. I'd tell him to either provide you with the acupuncture you want and nothing else or I'd just stop going.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default DR MAKING it very difficult expensive for me advice pls.

I would find a different practitioner to do your acupuncture.

Not the same, but I used to see a particular naturopath but eventually stopped as I was feeling sick prior to appointments just thinking about how much it would cost, he would always push loads of supplements. I'm now studying naturopathy and there is no way I will run my practice like that when I graduate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    he is a real dr
    he isnt a scammer
    but yes he's there to make money and asbergers and really beleived in the crazy convoluted ideas he learns about that are breaking edge world wide ) and breaking the bank for me )

its a different kind of acupuncture that really works for me and isnt expensive other acupuncture elsewhere wasnt effective for me but they method he does really is effective.

over the years i've been to many drs and only a few things worked for me and his acupuncture was one

i wonder
    1 can i just get that-- they said no

2 can i pay for some sessions eg once in 2 years and still get that

3 if i can get an advocate to speak to him

4 if theres no flexibility

5 what are the choices

6 i felt like calling up as a new client and asking questions to suss out choices of how few times i could go due to finances to be able to access the successful treatments.