+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How much did you pay for your c section in private?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Each and every hospital is different. Firstly you would need the cost for your OB to perform the c/s, cost of the theatre in private plus the hospital stay and anaethetic. My SIL is going private without health cover atm and I'm pretty sure she said it is going to cost $10k. The hospital stay being the most expensive.

On another note I also have a double uterus and was told I could never birth naturally yet I had DD1 natural(induced though) and my other 3DD's c/s for different reasons.
    How exciting someone with the same condition

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much did you pay for your c section in private?

Quote Originally Posted by glitter girl View Post
    How exciting someone with the same condition

I'm surprised just how common it is now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much did you pay for your c section in private?

Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    Is there a reason you can't go public with a private OB. We did this with my last bub so we had all prenatal care with my OB, c section etc and the only thing we paid for we're the prenatal visits so about $500 out of pocket
    This is what I was going to suggest. Ask your OB if he works at a public hospital too, then you would only have to pay him his fee - the hospital part would be free.

Also as a PP stated, you run a huge risk going private with no cover. If a complication were to occur to either you or your baby, your bill could be astronomical. You may not be in a position to transfer immediately to public and will be liable for any and all costs involved.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How much did you pay for your c section in private?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    This is what I was going to suggest. Ask your OB if he works at a public hospital too, then you would only have to pay him his fee - the hospital part would be free.

Also as a PP stated, you run a huge risk going private with no cover. If a complication were to occur to either you or your baby, your bill could be astronomical. You may not be in a position to transfer immediately to public and will be liable for any and all costs involved.
    I have an appointment with my ob next Tuesday. Hopefully he can do what you are suggesting because im not fussed on staying on public what im fussed with is who does my c section