+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Question for the LGBT community

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I hope no one minds me asking,something I've always wondered.... what age as a child/adolescent did you know you were GLBT? (For those who might not know, the letters stand For Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender)

Thanks
    Happy - just wondering why you asked? Do you think your child could be gay or was it just a general question?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Question for the LGBT community

Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    yep that's it,
    I always describe it as my ability to find someone sexually attractive pans the entire gender spectrum (be it male, female, transexual, gender queer etc etc)
    my ability to find someone sexually attractive has no baring on their physical sex or gender identity
    That is a great definition. I am 'heterosexual' but I have always had the view (probably helped by my upbringing) that there is that possibility for anyone to love anyone, and in turn to find them attractive.

Can I ask you (feel free not to answer), do you define as a 'type' of gender queer? (Eg do you define as you male and female or as neither?). I have always been very interested in these subjects, especially as I grew up going to midsumma with my mum and her partner. I've never seen so many different 'types' in one place as you find there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candiceo View Post
    Happy - just wondering why you asked? Do you think your child could be gay or was it just a general question?
    Just a general question. My son is only 5

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    neither,
    my gender identity is fluid,
    I have no desire to become a specific gender rather present however I feel on the day, mostly these days its put on whatever clean clothes I can find but I did have a fair bit of my teenage years where mostly I was just androgynous and people who didnt know who I was were like :s is that a dude or a chick and I liked it that way,

that's really what gender queer is, its not having a set gender as such, I am biologically and physically female and after years of searching am comfortable with that but my gender presentation changes based on my moods mostly
    Thank you very much for sharing. You sound very happy with who you are and I am glad for that

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My friend and I 'played around' with each other, exploring bodies when we were young (around 10ish)... I didn't think it was 'wrong' but knew it was a secret...
    I was always attracted to girls but I wanted to be a mum so bad that I thought it would be easier to be with a guy.
    I dated one girl whilst I was a teen but she broke my heart. I also kissed a few of my friends (who knew i was interested in girls so thought they could 'experiment' with me)
    I officially 'came out' just after my 20th birthday because I lost my twin boys and realised being with a guy couldn't give me a baby any faster than being with a girl.
    I met my DP at the end of that year and we have been together now for over 5 years (and expecting a babe in July!!!!). I feel so much more comfortable in this relationship and sex doesn't make me cry anymore!

My family were shocked when they found out but I explained that I just knew all my life and they quickly changed to be supportive and treated us like any other couple. <3

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post

My family were shocked when they found out but I explained that I just knew all my life and they quickly changed to be supportive and treated us like any other couple. <3
    Hi almai - so great to hear about a supportive fam, truely is so important. My partner and I have wonderful families as well and feel so lucky. Even my dp's 80 yr old grandma 'gets' our family. She calls us mummy 1 and mummy 2! Such a sweetie

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post

Hi almai - so great to hear about a supportive fam, truely is so important. My partner and I have wonderful families as well and feel so lucky. Even my dp's 80 yr old grandma 'gets' our family. She calls us mummy 1 and mummy 2! Such a sweetie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Candiceo For This Useful Post:

almai  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 10 when I realised I was interested in girls, and that this was something I best be careful about, as I lived in a conservatiive country town. I only had female r/ships until I became interested in guys as well at age 20.

I have since had r/ships with girls who identify as"straight", guys who consider themselves queer, transexuals, etc. I can't help but come to the conclusion that most of us, to some degree, have a pretty fluid sexual identity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never really thought about it. I have always been very open, so I would more so say that Im pansexual but Im sure that can be debated.
    I like people for who they are not whats between their legs. So I wouldnt be able to pick an age really...