+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Question for the LGBT community

I hope no one minds me asking,something I've always wondered.... what age as a child/adolescent did you know you were GLBT? (For those who might not know, the letters stand For Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender)

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

My automatic reply is always 'how did you know you were straight' :-)
    But if I had to think about it I would say I definitely knew after high school. So i was around 17 when i realised what was different about me. I went to a Christian high school which made it really hard as they teach it's a sin.
    I knew I was 'different' from about the start of high school. I just didn't know what they different was.
    For me, it's definitely just how I am. I've never been with a guy, kissed, held hands or anything. I can't imagine ever doing so! I've never even had a crush on a guy

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Question for the LGBT community

For me it was when I fell in love (with another woman). I was about 20ish. I had been in relationships with guys beforehand because thats what my friends were doing but I didn't love or really care about the guys I was dating. Thats how I knew.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Same as Candice.

I didn't know. I assumed I was straight. And then, when there was never any sexual attraction to any of the men I started dating, I assumed I was asexual. And then I met DP and fell head over heels and realised I was probably never straight, but I lived in a world where you were straight until proven otherwise.

I am just glad I was open minded enough to not discount my DP based on her sex

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    My automatic reply is always 'how did you know you were straight' :-)
    About 14 when I realised that if I were a guy I would be so far homosexual Granted I really got into the gay scene as most of my chick friends were experimenting with each other and I had a thing for a gay guy lol, I didn't think ladies were for me though. Now I'm a little older I have considered ladies but I still don't think I have that real attraction to them, not on a sexual level anyway.

I think it can dawn on some quite early but perhaps not be realised as 'gay' but more just they're not into the opposite sex, even before they start really getting into sex and having those intentions. I also know a lot of people who were late teens/early 20s who didn't realise they were attracted to the same sex for a long while.
    Last edited by αληθη; 21-01-2013 at 08:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's pansexual?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Question for the LGBT community

Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    14, start of puberty and finding people physically atractive
    Before then I was not at all interested in people in that way.

I I.d's as 'bi' for a long time before finding a better description under pansexual

Just to clarify though I wasn't interested in sex til I was 17 and for a while thought I was pretty much asexual, I could find people attractive but the idea of sex grossed me out.

Eta I comfortably i.d as gender queer and pansexual, neither of which your title asks about lol
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    I apologise, I haven't heard of those terms (im straight, probably explains why I havnt heard those terms before lol)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    What's pansexual?
    Correct me if I am wrong please, but is pansexual the term used for being sexually attracted to individuals from different groups (eg men, women, transgender etc)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh that makes sense

Thanks
    Reviews

Op, my mother was married at 19 to a man, then to my father (until she was 40is) until I was about 4. She was then in a relationship with a female partner for 8 years. She has had both girlfriends and one boyfriend since then so I'm not sure she would still be classed as lesbian?

Anyway, my point was, she always told me that she knew from when she was in high school but she got married (twice) and had children (5) with men as that was expected by her family.