+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Someone poo pooed me watching it as they said it would freak me out. I have found it quite empowering and interesting.
    I have been watching the UK version on iview- SBS but does anyone know how get hold of the other episodes in the series? eg weher to download it from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 36 weeks first time mum - Am I silly to watch one born every minute?

I love it. DH sometimes watches it with me. It freaks him out a bit though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it hilarious!

Thanks
    Reviews

I watched while pregnant with DS and still enjoy it now.

I agree with others in that I think it's educational to watch the whole series just to see how varied birth experiences are. I think that way you have realistic expectations that birth can happen in many different ways and woman cope with it differently as well. That way your mind is open to more than one type of birth for yourself.

Definitely continue reading Birth Skills, an excellent book! I used so many techniques from that book and found that understanding my labour really made a difference to how I managed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember that epsiode. Yeah I do think she was abit over dramatic, considering she was only 2cm, I didn't even scream like that when I was fully dilated and pushing! I think she made it worse by fighting it, so that's a good lesson, don't be so afraid of the pain and try and go with it, carrying on like she was only made it worse. I think they wouldn't even give her an epidural because she wasn't even in establised labour?
    I liked the uk one, it's more like our hospital system I think, the US one isn't imo.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    You can also do a search on youtube for homebirths and it will give you a different view on birth too. I find myself getting too angry at how women are treated on OBEM so I don't watch it.
    Me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 36 weeks first time mum - Am I silly to watch one born every minute?

The uk one is fantastic - havent bothered watching the us one cause I've heard it isn't that great

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 36 weeks first time mum - Am I silly to watch one born every minute?

Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    Someone poo pooed me watching it as they said it would freak me out. I have found it quite empowering and interesting.
    I have been watching the UK version on iview- SBS but does anyone know how get hold of the other episodes in the series? eg weher to download it from?
    You can YouTube most the episodes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to love this show but tried watching for the first time this pregnancy my third and ended up in tears to DH saying, I just can't do this again! It kind brought it all back...the pain that is. Needless to say, I haven't watched it since. I think it is good as it is very real , for first timers, especially the English one. The American one it seems everyone just has epidurals!

Thanks
    Reviews

I love love love OBEM but definitely the UK one - unless you want to see 50 women having epidurals the moment the walk in the door or elective c-sects I wouldn't bother.
    **disclaimer** I have nothing against epidurals and c-sects just doesn't make interesting telly IMO
    As PPs said you definitely should watch a few episodes to get a wider view.
    Was Lydia the fashion designer in the red cozzie? She didn't make a peep!!! And I want one of those cozzies for next time!!