+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scared to be alone

I have posted in another area in regards to ds having reflux which i feel is the root of the anxiety as i am scared to be alone with my 2 boys espcially when it comes to feeding ds who is 6 weeks old with reflux. I have been to the doctor to have a mental health plan put in place and has referred me on to another doctor but i can't get into see her until april. Dont stress i still feed him but i know i panic whilst doing it and if possible i try and get someone else to do it

Does anyone have any tips in regards to this or has anyone been through similar

thank you in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Whatever you do, try your best not to avoid feeding him. You will get yourself in a nasty cycle of not being able to do it if you avoid it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

Miss 85  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i know where it stems from as i had a really bad pregnency and labour which is a long story and having to rely on everyone for the first 2 weeks of his life becuase i couldn even look after myself i had to have eberything done for me too and now with the reflux i am at my wits end with no confidence and stress the whole time

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scared to be alone

I just wanted to say you aren't alone. I suffered anxiety attacks with DS1. I can't recall exactly what changed or when but it passed.

I'm shocked you can't see someone until April??? Can you get a referral to someone else in the meantime

Can you perhaps speak to the hospital where bubs was born. Some hospitals will readmit mums for help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i thought about the hospital but wasnt sure what they coudl do for me and the lady iam meant to see is booked completely out so i have left a message on the answering machine at the dotors for them to give me a call

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have just this week returned home after weeks in mother and baby unit at a hospital for depression and anxiety

Thanks
    Reviews
    where is that hokey pokey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When i was breastfeeding My ds he would poo blood if I ate something he was allergic too and the anxiety was extreme. I used to have a panic attack every time I changed his nappy. And if there was blood in his nappy I used to break down in guilt and just cry and cry. I fell pregnant with dd when ds was just 3 months old and when she was born and had allergies as well I fell into deep depression. I had a 2 week stay in a mother and baby post natal depression ward in hospital and had to take medication. 2 years later I'm fully recovered but it gave me an insight into mental illness. PND and anxiety is an issue I hold very close to my heart. Your not alone. X
    Last edited by RipperRita; 20-01-2013 at 18:37. Reason: Spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is so nice to know you arent alone. I would love to find one of those in brisbane becuase i need to gain my confidence back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss 85 View Post
    It is so nice to know you arent alone. I would love to find one of those in brisbane becuase i need to gain my confidence back.
    I am in Brisbane. Belmont private hospital has a mother baby post natal depression unit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Miss 85  (20-01-2013)