+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Could she be still pregnant??

I'm posting for a friend. She tested positive with a digital Friday morning ( day her period was due) this was positive 1-2 weeks. She started bleeding yesterday ' like a period' but heavier and crampy. We thought chemical pregnancy. She did another digital this morning and it was still positive. Is there anyway she could still be pregnant, she is off to the docs tomorrow. Fingers crossed as they would dearly love a bub and have been trying for awhile.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a bleed when I was 6 weeks with a little cramping which ended in a miscarriage.
    I also had a bleed at 7 weeks with this pregnancy with some cramping and now have a healthy almost 4 month old. It's hard to tell with out a blood test and ultra sound. Fingers crossed or your friend, hope they get some good news.

Thanks
    Reviews

It can go either way. But pos preg tests stay pos for up to a few weeks during and a little bit after a mc
    Last edited by Kazza78; 20-01-2013 at 09:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Could she be still pregnant??

I had a chem, but still got a faint positive test two weeks later. Which was when i decided i should go to the doctor to check

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Chemicals you don't usually get really heavy bleeding bc it doesn't implant. I lost a baby very early on a bit over a year ago and it had def implanted based on the bleeding.

Having said that, not every bleed means a m/c

Thanks
    Reviews

It's a hard one she is staying here for support, because her husband is away, we were googling chemical pregnancies and they all said positives went to negatives usually before the bleed started and then the bleed was quite light. She has heavy bleeding and cramps. It sounded like a pregnancy further along caused more miscarriage like symptoms and a lingering positive. She is certain of her dates though last period was 21/12 and she ovulated 4/01. She would only be just pregnant. We are over thinking like mad, which I guess is normal.

Thanks
    Reviews

Even if it is a mc, unfortunatly there is nothing that can be done. I would suggest taking some iron tablets and have an ultrasound tomoro. If she goes to a gp they can ring from their rooms and get an u/s within a few hours. Just to make sure it is not ectopic. If it is just a regular mc then she will be ok. It is very common. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

I had cramping from about 3 weeks to 6 weeks, then from 6 weeks I've been spotting lightly, freaked out and went to the hospital but he was all fine. Unfortunately In your case though, the doctor told me that cramping by itself is fine, spotting by itself is generally ok, it's when the 2 are together there is a high chance of an issue. I really hope your friend gets the outcome she wants though, good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

It doesn't look good, she is still bleeding with the cramps, and upper leg and back pain, she said its just like a period , the bleeding has lessened today though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another possibility is a sub chorionic haematoma. Only an ultrasound will tell, but they may not be able to give her a definitive answer with an ultrasound for a few weeks, as she may need to wait until the time they would have expected to see a heartbeat (around 7 wks from memory). I wish her well - I've been in the same situation she is in and I found I just wanted to know what was happening and felt like I was stuck in limbo waiting to find out for sure.